Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-20-2018, 05:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Help, slide out sticking/dragging

I have a 2017 Vista 32 ft w/ full side slide. The slide has started to stick or drag on the front end. I took it in to the shop and they thought the motor was bad. Got a new motor for the front end and this did not fix the problem. Now sometimes the front will drag behind, sometimes the back will. This occurs moving the slide out or in - one end will drag and the other move just fine. Sometimes it works just fine. The tech wants to now replace the rear end motor; admitting this is just a shot in the dark and they don’t know what is wrong. If the rear replacement does not work, they will replace the control panel. However, we are not getting any error codes on the panel when the slide is moving out uneven. I don’t want them to waste a month or more “guessing” at the problem, while my RV sits and my trips getting cancelled. (BTW, when it slides uneven, I do stop moving the slide and bring it back in (or out) until I can get it to move relatively evenly.)
This is my first RV, I would appreciate any ideas from you experienced folk!
April O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:19 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Did you call Lippert??? They are very helpful.

The other suggestion would be to find an independent who knows how to fix slides, sounds like it needs an adjustment.

Have you sprayed it every 6 months with lubricant? When you bring it in do you keep running the motor an extra 6-10 secs to sync it?

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:19 AM   #3
Site Team

Watching (here and on IRV2.) We get a similar effect on our front slide (the larger of the 2) but on the back motor. I didn't think our issue was the motor -- your symptoms seem similar to ours by the way -- mostly because the motor works to almost the same point each time we run the slide. I was wondering if there was a bad motor gear or as someone suggested to us it could just need to be re-synced.

We stayed this summer in Indiana for a couple weeks and I didn't realize that we were about 4 miles from the Lippert factory service center or I'd have made an appointment to go have them check it out. We may wait until we are back in Florida this winter and have it checked out, but I'm watching to see if you come up with a fix as I think that's the same we will need.

I've considered trying to get into the control panel and swap the connections from the back controller to the front controller to see if that produces different results. My thought is there is something in the particular slide/rail/motor rather than the controller though so I've not messed with it. (Outside of the fact that it scares me to mess with it)

Tags
slide, slide out