Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hi all I hope some one here can help me out. on my seats there are 2 black pull up levers one to move the seat front to back and the other to adjust the seat backrest to a place that you like. I brock the one for the seat backrest today when puling it up to move the backrest forward after my son had a sleepover in it and they reclined the backs of the 2 captions chairs for some reason. I was able to get the seat back up but when I tried to adjust it a second time to get just where I like to drive with it the plastic lever snapped off in my hand.
Can anyone tell me where I can get this part so that I can replace the broken one? Is anyone from winne reading this note that might be able to help me out. I have a 2000 Winne Adventurer 35U with the cloth capton chairs both are manual adjusting no power to the chairs.

Thanks for all the help that I know I will get from the readers of the forum.

Mark
Old 02-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi all I hope some one here can help me out. on my seats there are 2 black pull up levers one to move the seat front to back and the other to adjust the seat backrest to a place that you like. I brock the one for the seat backrest today when puling it up to move the backrest forward after my son had a sleepover in it and they reclined the backs of the 2 captions chairs for some reason. I was able to get the seat back up but when I tried to adjust it a second time to get just where I like to drive with it the plastic lever snapped off in my hand.
Can anyone tell me where I can get this part so that I can replace the broken one? Is anyone from winne reading this note that might be able to help me out. I have a 2000 Winne Adventurer 35U with the cloth capton chairs both are manual adjusting no power to the chairs.

Thanks for all the help that I know I will get from the readers of the forum.

Mark
Old 02-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Mark, call Lichtsinn Motors. They are a Winnie dealer in Forest City, IA. They're just a few miles from the plant.

Here's a link to their website. Call the parts folks. Give them your Winnie VIN, and they will be able to look up your part and send you the new handle.

They are excellent to deal with.

Good luck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:55 PM   #4

Well, if they are Flexsteel chairs you have to go through one of their retailers in order to acquire parts. These is no tech support number listed on Flexsteel's website. Click here for a search engine to find a retailer local to you.

You can also call this retailer who will sell you parts as needed, etc.

BillArf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Bill, Winnebago makes their own captain's chairs. Not Flexsteel (darn).

Their internal brand is called Stitchcraft. To my knowledge Winnebago has not used Flexsteel furniture in any model years to the present.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

My 2006 Voyage has Flexsteel captian's chairs, along with the recliner and couch. I know because I have had to deal with problems. You have to go through a dealer as Flexsteel doesn't deal directly with customers.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks guys I'll give winne a call to see if they can tell me if its flexsteel or not and then give the other dealer a call to see if they can get the part.
mark
Old 02-21-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago may have an inhouse Stitchcraft brand but my front seats have the Flexsteel logo loud and clear right on the seat arms.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:37 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

It's in the parts manual:

2000 35U parts

Page 25.

18 080730-08-000 EA HANDLE - RECLINER

Right?

(And I want to say that at least in '04 Winnebagos had Stitchcraft labeled seats, and Itasca had Flexsteel. I assumed it was a marketing/licensing deal.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 03:39 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Boy am I stupid the lever I broke was not the backrest one but the one that lets you turn the seat from side to side so that if you wanted to use it as part of the seating in the rv when you were parked at a campground. you know if I had a brian or was that train.

thanks for the help though I am now sure that I'll be able to find the part and replace it before we really start to use the rig.

thanks again
Mark
Old 02-22-2008, 03:43 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

2001 Itasca 32V--All Flexsteel seats and couches. I did have the recliner re-built at a company in Angola Indiana, the name of which escapes me right now. They really did a fine job on the Flexsteel recliner.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:34 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

I sure wish I had Flexsteel in my coach as I think it's a better product than Winnie's Stitchcraft brand, at least for the Captain's Chairs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]