Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Basement heatpump, Can't get it fixed. Have been to 3 different repair facilities and even took the tech book and showed them the problem. We live in the great Northwest (Poulsbo WA.) and can't find any help. Any ideas
02 suncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Basement heatpump, Can't get it fixed. Have been to 3 different repair facilities and even took the tech book and showed them the problem. We live in the great Northwest (Poulsbo WA.) and can't find any help. Any ideas
Old 11-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

What is the problem ?
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,Ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Called the repair facility this morning and was told they were bringing in an AC&R tech. Was informed this afternoon the reversing valve was bad. The problem is that's what I told them at the start of the problem. I provided the tech manual and instructions on how to read the book. I was lucky enough to get the information from this web site. I want to thank you all as this is the best place to be. Hope to be back on the road with-in the week.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

When I had a problem with mine, I went to the RVP website at http://www.rvcomfort.com/rvp/rvp.php to find trained service centers in the area where I was. I hooked up with one of them and they took care of the problem for a handsome fee. (my Winnebago dealer told me the strange noise was "normal startup up sound" last January ...it finally failed completely in Sept. The repaired unit does NOT have that "normal startup sound."...)
Old 11-13-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

02 suncruiser,

Did they tell you which reversing valve is bad? There is one for each compressor.

If one is bad, (stuck in cooling mode), you should be able to run on the other one. Just trip the breaker for the unit which is bad.

If they are saying both reversing valves are bad I would look more at the PC board relay as being the culprit, or the tstat.

Hard for me to believe that both reversing valves would go bad at the same time on a unit that new.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

There are 2 reversing valves but both must operate for the heating cycle to work poperly. I followed the trouble guide and the PC board was good. I had friend look at it and the out side coil was partly cooling and the other half was heating. The parts are on order and supposed to be fixed this week. Will let you know. Thanks for any and all input.