Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2016, 10:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Gutter spouts

I'd like to put the little plastic spouts on the drip rails of our coach to prevent the streaks down the sides. Seems I read somewhere the drip rails on Winnebago are different than other manufacturers. Is this true? We have only owned Winnebago.

What have others purchased that worked? I would like black over white since our rig is green.

TIA
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

HD4Mark, here is the link to a good thread with lots of pictures.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/drip...-211854-2.html
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I purchased the gutter spouts at Winnebago Forrest City. The person behind the counter said they may need to be trimmed a bit. Went to fit them a few days later and there is no way I can see them being modified to fit my Vista 30T!

If someone tells you they fit, I suggest you get them to fit them for you. Waste of money in my case

Pete

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
2014 Vista 30T
Peter27C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:09 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I doubt that you are interested in going this route, but I have read that you can put a clothespin on the end of the rail and it will direct the water flow a few inches off of the coach. I have some in our coach but we have not tried it yet.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
HD4Mark, here is the link to a good thread with lots of pictures.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/drip...-211854-2.html
Thanks grtharris, The link for the Fleetwood ones just goes to an RV parts store and none of them look like what I need.

The clothes pins are a good idea but they go on the gutter spouts I'm trying to get.

I went out to take a look the rails and they are just about butted right up to the front cap leaving not much room to attach any kind of spout. I'm wondering if the cheap Camco ones (in black) could be trimmed enough to work. At least if they don't I won't be out much money.

If I remember correctly we went through the same thing with our Minnie and I never came up with a good way to divert the water.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:59 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
I'd like to put the little plastic spouts on the drip rails of our coach to prevent the streaks down the sides. Seems I read somewhere the drip rails on Winnebago are different than other manufacturers. Is this true? We have only owned Winnebago.

What have others purchased that worked? I would like black over white since our rig is green.

TIA
I said the heck with it and went with the EZE RV Gutters. I have some of it on and it seems to work very well. I bought the 100' roll.

Essential Products RV & Marine - EZE RV Gutters
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:15 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

aauummm, I put some of the EZE Gutter on the drivers side to keep the water from dripping on me when I opened the door and one of the Fleetwood ones on the passenger side.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:05 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
aauummm, I put some of the EZE Gutter on the drivers side to keep the water from dripping on me when I opened the door and one of the Fleetwood ones on the passenger side.
Good idea Grant. I got it put on above the windshield yesterday. No dew dripping down where I've got it put on, so far it works great.

Too hot to do any today. I'm going to put it along both sides just above the existing drip rail. The existing drip rail leaks down the side of the MH at a spot where they butted two pieces of drip rail together.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I made mine from a clear plastic water bottle and used RTV silicone to secure them in place. They are almost invisible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	132125  
Old 07-05-2016, 12:57 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
I made mine from a clear plastic water bottle and used RTV silicone to secure them in place. They are almost invisible.

Hey man
I love that!
Thanks
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:11 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
That is great Dennis. Do you have any closer photos or "how to" instructions? After thinking about our coach I was rummaging around in the box of PVC plumbing stuff in my garage looking to manufacture something but really couldn't come up with and idea that worked and didn't look like I made it. That does not look cobbled up.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
That is great Dennis. Do you have any closer photos or "how to" instructions? After thinking about our coach I was rummaging around in the box of PVC plumbing stuff in my garage looking to manufacture something but really couldn't come up with and idea that worked and didn't look like I made it. That does not look cobbled up.

I used a clear plastic bottle. Find one that is not too flimsy and smooth sided. Now cut strips from the length of the bottle about 1 1/2" wide and about 4" long. Then hold the strip into the gutter and trim it to fit. Trim the length and end of of the strip to your likening but keep in mind it should extend at least 3" beyond the gutter. I used a hair dryer to help getting the strips to fit the curve of the gutter.
Once you have the contour, apply silicone to the strip and end of the gutter, press it into place and let the silicone set. I used a little hand clamp with a little piece of wood in the curve of the strip to compress it tight until the silicone sets. You can spread some silicone on the top side of the joint to fill in as required later.
Sounds complicated but once you fiddle with the first one, your off to the races. Mine extend about 2 1/2 - 3" and direct the water well away.
Old 07-07-2016, 06:26 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I used a clear plastic bottle. Find one that is not too flimsy and smooth sided. Now cut strips from the length of the bottle about 1 1/2" wide and about 4" long. Then hold the strip into the gutter and trim it to fit. Trim the length and end of of the strip to your likening but keep in mind it should extend at least 3" beyond the gutter. I used a hair dryer to help getting the strips to fit the curve of the gutter.
Once you have the contour, apply silicone to the strip and end of the gutter, press it into place and let the silicone set. I used a little hand clamp with a little piece of wood in the curve of the strip to compress it tight until the silicone sets. You can spread some silicone on the top side of the joint to fill in as required later.
Sounds complicated but once you fiddle with the first one, your off to the races. Mine extend about 2 1/2 - 3" and direct the water well away.
Thanks, sounds simple enough. I copied your photo then zoomed in and enlarged it. Does your rail have some kind of cap or something on the end where you attached the spout? Ours just ends.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:52 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thanks, sounds simple enough. I copied your photo then zoomed in and enlarged it. Does your rail have some kind of cap or something on the end where you attached the spout? Ours just ends.

Mine has a very short drip spout on the end but you could trim the plastic to fit on an angle into the existing gutter.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Mine has a very short drip spout on the end but you could trim the plastic to fit on an angle into the existing gutter.
Thanks Dennis, you have been very helpful. That will be my plan. Maybe I can find a green soda bottle to match the green paint and have designer spouts
Old 07-07-2016, 09:59 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thanks Dennis, you have been very helpful. That will be my plan. Maybe I can find a green soda bottle to match the green paint and have designer spouts
Now you're talking
Old 07-07-2016, 10:04 AM   #17
Former Winnebago Owner

I used the Fleetwood drip spouts. They're plastic (PVC?) and very easy to trim. I found them on eBay, paid $5 for 2 sets (1 left & 1 right). Use a sharp knife to trim the key off and trim as needed for each corner, paint to match trim, and use some silicon caulk to stick 'em in place. Mine have been up for for over a year and are doing great. They work well to direct water away from the side of the coach. I've seen some longer drip spouts that are supposed to mount onto existing short spouts. They are rather large which should work well to channel water away from the RV, but they look like they would be easy to knock off.
The pictures are front & rear of driver side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2005.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	132282   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2004.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	132283  

NMBluept is offline   Reply With Quote