Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #1
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Our rig has just the drip rail on each side that runs the length of the coach. I'm wanting to install gutter extension but noticed the each existing rain comes within 1/4 inch or less from the front and rear roof caps. What model of extensions have others used? Did you have to trim back a little of each drip edge front/rear to get a good fit?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Our rig has just the drip rail on each side that runs the length of the coach. I'm wanting to install gutter extension but noticed the each existing rain comes within 1/4 inch or less from the front and rear roof caps. What model of extensions have others used? Did you have to trim back a little of each drip edge front/rear to get a good fit?
Old 08-13-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

This Topic will get you the spouts you need. See one Here I have been using them from lazy Days for a while now and they work good. You do need to trim them up a bit to get them to fit but no big deal. Use some caulking when you are doing it to help hold them in place and give a better seal around them. Just make sure you get the left and the right one's. For the price, I got several sets in case I loose one to a tree or whatever!!
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ISLAPP:
This Topic will get you the spouts you need. See one Here I have been using them from lazy Days for a while now and they work good. You do need to trim them up a bit to get them to fit but no big deal. Use some caulking when you are doing it to help hold them in place and give a better seal around them. Just make sure you get the left and the right one's. For the price, I got several sets in case I loose one to a tree or whatever!!
Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info. They look like they will work. I wonder if a small screw in each one would help in addition to the caulk? I also read an older thread you mentioned and got the phone # for Lazy Says. Will give the a call and see if they have any.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Islapp is right i ordered then from lazy days a few months ago. Think the bill was 11.00 with shipping about 3 days to get i ordered 6 of them 3 right and 3 left.

Retired 22 years
teeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Hey guys... I use pinch clothes pins. You can get a 5 year supply in one package at the dollar store. When they get nasty I just replace them. Lose one to a tree branch, no problem.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, Dale, those will not work on the Winnebago gutters. Not enough room to clip them on.
Mike
Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Are these thing strong enough so they won't fall off int he winter? snow, ice and cold weather.

Seattle, WA
rvcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:25 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Not to disagree, but I've been using the clothespins on both Itasca rigs, not to sharp lookig but they work.

Best,
ruppr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:29 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Don't know if the gutters are different or what. But the clothespins were the first things I tried. I tried several different types and none would fit on the gutters that I have.
I also know from those discussions that were going on in the link I put up that others had tried the pins also and they wouldnt go on.
One of those mysteries of the universe I guess!!
Mike
Old 08-15-2007, 06:34 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Here's what I added to my coach last year. It works pretty well as long as the coach is level. Used a combination of two different Krylon Fusion spray paint colors to come up with a color that looks good on the coach. Attached it with clear GE silicon.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:53 PM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vicsryd:
Here's what I added to my coach last year. It works pretty well as long as the coach is level. Used a combination of two different Krylon Fusion spray paint colors to come up with a color that looks good on the coach. Attached it with clear GE silicon.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the looks of those; where did you get them?

Thank you,
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote