Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2005, 07:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Just purchased our new Suncrusier 35A and want to find a good wax/sealent. I understand that products with petrolrum distillates, silicone or tefelon should not be used on fiberglass or the decals on the coack. Does anyone know of a product that can be used. This site has provided me with alot of useful information and thanks to all who the knowledge and expierence who can help new owners like myself.
rving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Just purchased our new Suncrusier 35A and want to find a good wax/sealent. I understand that products with petrolrum distillates, silicone or tefelon should not be used on fiberglass or the decals on the coack. Does anyone know of a product that can be used. This site has provided me with alot of useful information and thanks to all who the knowledge and expierence who can help new owners like myself.
rving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

rving, Welcome to the forum if no one else has in your reading material your Mfg may tell you what the care of your siding would require. I have used a good wash an wax cleaner for routine cleaning, an for wax treatment used "303" an Protect-All with good results.
I have on the road used, because CG's don't allow washing, a DRI WASH'N GUARD which is a waterless car wash & protective glaze. You use a small pressure pump to spray on an use good cleaning rags to wipe off. Good for all those bugs you collect. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I use Dupont Teflon.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:22 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I, too, have discovered Dri Wash N Guard and have had great results. As 007 mentions, it's a waterless wash/protectant. I cleaned my 35U using this stuff in about 2 hours - including the windows.

One advantage is its ease of use. Just spray on with a sprayer they provide, wipe off leaving a slight haze. Then let dry for a couple of minutes and wipe off (like you would waxing). Cleans and seals all in one step. Second advantage is time savings. Like I said, it took me about 2 hours to do a whole motorhome (except the roof).

Another thing I like about it is I don't have any water spots because you work the motorhome in sections and there's no water sitting idlely on any part of your motorhome. It also has UV protection which is very important for gelcoat fiberglass.

My friend has a 40' motorhome with full body paint and he absolutely loved this stuff. He and I cleaned his just under 2 hours. He has since given his 4 cars the treatment and loves it.

I'm not new to washing and waxing vehicles as I take great pride in driving clean/pristine cars. I've tried this product on my two cars and I'm not impressed at all. I will continue to use the current Zaino products for the cars. Perhaps, I have higher standards for my cars than I do for my motorhome.

Despite my admiration for Zaino products for my cars, I must say that Dri Wash N Guard is an excellent product for the motorhome.

You can't buy this stuff in stores so do a search on the web and you should be able to find distributors that sell the products.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:54 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

007 & Sangone,

Can you tell me about how many oz. of Dri Wash N Guard you used to clean your MH? I've been looking at the distributor websites and wondering which size to buy. Sounds like the perfect product for those "dry" campgrounds and, since we're about to go full-time, we can't just wait and wash it at home.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Tom:

I've also just begun to try the Dri-Wash-N-Guard. Like Sangone, I use Zaino Bros. stuff on my cars and think it is better, overall. However, the Dri-wash is certainly easy to use and the coach is a lot more to wax than the car/s. I still have problems with the idea of not washing before polishing so I do wipe off the worst of the dirt with a wet chamois before I use the Dri-wash.

I did the front of the coach with Dri-wash and have noticed that bugs clean off easily. I was not aware you could also use it on glass but will try that. I had been using Rain-x on the windshield.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 05:15 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

My 2 cents!
I used most if not all waxes and cleaners through time and I have found one that is very easy to use and really works! The cleaner does not harm decals and cleans black streaks mold etc with just one spray. The sealer protectant is spray on and wipe off. Use it on windows tires rims everthing you have and it Lasts for a very long time. Check out the Streak-X website advertized here on this web site or go to streak-X.com and get free 8 oz samples.
Spraying on any cleaner without rinsing off "will" surface scratch the paint etc.
Streak-X and Seal N Glo is the way to go.

Just trying to save you work and get better results!
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:04 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can you tell me about how many oz. of Dri Wash N Guard you used to clean your MH? I've been looking at the distributor websites and wondering which size to buy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I buy the 32 oz Classic Car Wash w/ Pump Sprayer. The bottle did my 35 footer, my friend's 40 footer and had about 15% (5 oz) left. It seems to go on easier and you end up using less after the initial treatment.

I bought mine over e-Bay from a lady name Suzy out of California. She had the best prices and will ship out the same day you pay. It's one of those "Buy Now" sites so you will not have to bid on the products. Because of our proximity, I usually get the shipment the next day. She uses US Postal.