Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-06-2022, 01:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Getting quality RV service in Florida

I'm located on the east coast of Central Florida. I've got a number of service options available to me, but I don't have experience with any of them.

I'm looking for some recommendations related to the service provided by the following Winnebago Certified Dealers:
  • Camping World Cocoa
  • La Mesa RV Port St Lucie (Flying W Service Excellence Dealer)
  • La Mesa RV Sanford (Flying W Service Excellence Dealer)
  • Gander RV Bartow
  • Camping World Dover
  • Camping World Summerfield
  • Lazy Days (Flying W Service Excellence Dealer)

Will any of these straight out refuse service if I didn't buy the RV from them? Even if they had no stock?

Does the "Flying W Service Excellence Dealer" mean anything when it comes to their service department?

Since these are all listed on Winnebago's site, does that mean that they can all do Winnebago Warranty repairs?

Do I need to stick with my dealer for service for the first year and only get service after that elsewhere (potentially via an extended warranty)?

Which season is the least busy for getting service in Florida?

Thank you.
Splaktar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Not sure that I can answer definitively about any of the dealers except for Camping World of Cocoa. A few years agi I took my RV to them to have a leaking black water valve replaced. I was having back problems at the time and I couldn't get to the valve to replace it. They installed a new valve, but apparently had problems too. It was not aligned with the mating surfaces and ended up leaking more than the old valve! I had to take it back twice. They also performed warranty motor replacement on a power awning recall. No problems with that repair. Part of the problem may extend from the level of experienced personnel on their payroll. For example, they may do well on plumbing repairs, but not so good on electrical. Unfortunately, I haven't had enough experience with them to provide recommendations. One company that I have used and consider knowledgeable, competent and honest is Ken at ACE Mobile RV Repair in Rockledge. The only problem I have been having lately is that a lot of other people apparently agree with me which makes it hard to get quick service now. He can also work with some manufacturers to provide warranty service. Hope some of this helps.
Ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I guess that I should clarify that neither of the repairs performed were Winnebago warranty work. The motor replacement was for Dometic and the valve was a requested repair that required them to warranty their own repair job.
Ford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 09:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the info on Camping World Cocoa and especially for the heads up on ACE Mobile RV Repair in Rockledge!
Old 06-06-2022, 09:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I wasn't able to find ACE Mobile RV Repair on Google Maps, but while looking at these smaller mobile RV repair shops, I was able to find https://www.camper-repair.com/ and they have really great reviews. They have a base here in the Melbourne area.

I guess that they won't be able to do all types of repairs, but it's great to know that this is an option for many things rather than waiting weeks or months to get in for dealer service.
Old 06-06-2022, 10:12 AM   #6
Site Team

Many of us would automatically reject all Camping World and Gander locations (Gander is Camping World). I know some of their repair places are fine, but the number of warnings and complaints about many are everywhere on the internet.

There are lots of complaints about Lazy Days repair facility on the internet, as well.

We've seen good and bad reports of La Mesa's service. Some love them others warn people away. I bought my RV at La Mesa in Albuquerque and they were great during the sale and horrible afterward and their service dept was totally inept.

There are lots of smaller RV repair shops on the space coast. I'd check out

A1 RV Repair
Ace Mobile RV Repair & Inspections
Traveling RV Technicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splaktar View Post
I wasn't able to find ACE Mobile RV Repair on Google Maps, but while looking at these smaller mobile RV repair shops,
Ace is in Rockledge and they have a Facebook page instead of a website:

https://www.facebook.com/Acemobilerv/

I have zero experience with these places - I'm going by Google and Yelp reviews and my experience with places like this in Texas.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:27 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Used Camper World of Dover ,but did not buy my Forza from them . Installed tow setup for coach and CRV and service was great . Have a extended warrenty and had them repair slide several times ,awning , repairs were satisfactory . Had a fan go out on fireplace and they wanted to replace it ,because fan was no longer avalible , would have to enlarge cutout , I found company and ordered one and installed it myself . They worked with us on warrenty repairs ,but seems that service has dropped off since I first used them . Too busy ,and too few knowlegdeable service techs . Had slide serviced again at Lichtsinn while in Forest City for rally and they found that I had two different motors ,and not correct motors . That is what Camper's World installed . As with any service , make sure you pack your patients and don't leave until you are satifided .
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 04:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We bought our Winnebago from La Mesa in Sanford and have been very pleased with them. I don’t know if that will translate to good service for you but I hope so.
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:04 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
We bought our Winnebago from La Mesa in Sanford and have been very pleased with them. I don’t know if that will translate to good service for you but I hope so.
Great to hear! Thank you.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:41 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Rv service

Check out Eagles Pride Rv Service in Titusville, FL. Family owned business. We used them to install our blue ox tow package on our toad as well as brake controller. Also performed some other miscellaneous things. We were very happy with them.
monytaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 09:17 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Would definitely not go to camping world in Summerfield. I got not even get then to do warranty work when i bought the RV from them.
2MPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, service