Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2022, 09:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fuse location

I have a 2011 Journey Express 34Y and I cannot locate the fuse for the TV lift. If anyone out there can give me a clue where to look I would very much appreciate the information.

Thank you in advance for any help.
mikemakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi Mike,
As you have checked all of your fuses, perhaps it isn't a fuse causing the problem. If your Televator runs on 120 VAC, then perhaps you have a tripped Ground Fault Indicator.
Eagle5
Old 07-20-2022, 09:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Eagle5. I’ve been busy with other projects but I will test the ground fault soon. I have gone through the owners manual to no avail.
Mike
Old 07-20-2022, 11:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

A couple of us have looked at this on your other post and had some questions. Do you have any more info that would help in the search?
Anything to indicate whether it is a 12 Volt or 110 lift?
The problem is that the drawings are divided into three different groups to help cut the amount of search but it is still easy to miss things when we are not certain which group to look for in starting.

It was suggested that it might be part of the Chassis 12 volt system and that might put it into a box under the hood but if we could really find it in the info it would help to pin it down better.

I have not found it in looking at the coach 12 volt nor 110AC but that is certainly not proof that it is not there, just that I did not see it!

I do find the circuit/wire ID which are likely to be correct but that does nothing for the fuse location if we can't find the circuits! None referr back to the power source as there appears to be a relay in between the switch and power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	circuits.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	183585  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 11:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all of your efforts to help me locate the fuse and sorry it took so long for me to get back to this post. I finally got a chance to get back to trying to figure out what was going on. There are 2 switches that control the TV lift. One is next to the tv and the other is above the couch across the living space. Even with both slides extended I really didn’t need 2 switches. Literally 2 steps to get from one to the other. I need to get access to the area behind one of the switches and had to disconnect that switch. That is when I thought that I had blown the fuse. Saw the spark and attempted to lift the tv with the other switch and nothing. Blown fuse right? No, I finally thought about it and since there are 2 switches that control the lift they are probably wire in series and if one of the switches is missing so is the connection. Bingo! I hooked up the second switch and pushed the button and magically the lift went up.
Sorry to have waisted all of your time. Not being an electronics guru it didn’t dawn on me right away.

Thank again for your time and efforts.
Mike
Old 07-21-2022, 01:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

No big thing, I kind of set here and waste a lot of time waiting for things to develope on projects I am working on with different groups.
Sometimes, I don't do any real work for hours and just set and read a book, etc until the screen calls me!

Amd it is certainly true that switches like that can do in the best of us if we don't do it often! I like to buy the switches with drawings on the side because it saves me lots of "thinking" as I only do it once or twice every five years!

Now keep all that in mind for ten years and be ready to use it?

I just try to remember where I eat and sleep!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 09:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Richard for being so understanding. It kind of compares with asking your grandkids how to do something on the computer for the 10th time.

Mike

Tags
cat, fuse