Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-12-2023, 02:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Front seat removal 2004 Itasca Sunova 27C

Hello, I have a 2004 Itasca Sunova 27C P32 Workhorse chassis 8.1 Vortec engine with a 4L80E transmission. I would like to lift the front seats off there pedestals but can't figure out how. It has to be something simple? No electric, these are purely mechanical. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Tim Nadaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 03:55 PM   #2
Just Trying to Help

Tim-

If Flexsteel made your seats, you should find under the seat base two tracks and four nuts (two per track, one forward, one aft). The nuts hold the tracks on the pedestal. Use a half-inch deep socket to remove the nuts. You will also need to slip the seat-rotation cable from its holder to pull the seat completely off the pedestal.

Note: The seats may be more awkward to lift and move than you expect. Mine weren't that heavy, but they wanted to fall in every direction once off the pedestal. Also, the four bolts sticking down from the seat base can dent the floor or pull on the carpet.

On my coach I could remove the pedestal easily, too- but on yours it may take more work.

If you're the kind that can't remember how you took things apart, take some pictures at appropriate steps in the process.

If Flexsteel didn't make your seats, well... someone else will have to provide you with guidance.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 09:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the info!
Tim Nadaud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
removal, itasca