Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Yes, front seat alignment not front end alignment
The driver seat in my 2006 Adventurer 33V is mounted to the left of the steering column and angled slightly to the right. The seat is pointed to the center of the wheel but it is not pointing to the front of the coach. The dealer service center said the seat is installed correctly and within tolerance. Does anybody have this problem? I'm waiting on an official response from Winnebago. They told the dealer to move the seat by ¾ of an inch but its still not aligned with the wheel.
Batwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Yes, front seat alignment not front end alignment
The driver seat in my 2006 Adventurer 33V is mounted to the left of the steering column and angled slightly to the right. The seat is pointed to the center of the wheel but it is not pointing to the front of the coach. The dealer service center said the seat is installed correctly and within tolerance. Does anybody have this problem? I'm waiting on an official response from Winnebago. They told the dealer to move the seat by ¾ of an inch but its still not aligned with the wheel.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have the same problem..but just living with it. Let us know what's Winnebago's response.

'04 Itasca Suncruiser 38G, W22 Upgrade Kit, Henderson Trac Bar, Davis TruTrac, Steer Safe
Hamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:05 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Our's also is very slightly skewed - it bugged me at first but I have learned to ignore it.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:18 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Driver's seat in my Journey is the same. I always wondered if they just goofed at the factory. I ignore it most of the time but have considered trying to adjust it some.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Have same problem on 05. Drivers seat points towards pass seat. Tell myself each time I climb in seat that I must fix that someday rather than hassle going to dealer. Seems Winnebago could get this right first time.
becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Those seats swivel you know. There's a catch on the side that lets you turn it.
gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gunny:
Those seats swivel you know. There's a catch on the side that lets you turn it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Gunny. I wish the problem was that simple. I'm still waiting to hear from Winnie. I'll post their response as soon as I get it.
Thanks for all of your responses. Does anybody out there with an Adventurer on a Workhorse with the driver seat perfectly straight behind the wheel? I asked Workhorse and was told its not their problem Winnebago can't install the seats squared.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I've had several vehicles with that problem through the years, one that was off center of the wheel and at an angle as well. It is hard for me to get used to that.

Maybe I'm lucky, our '05 35U's driver seat is positioned straight and centered on the wheel. If it weren't, I think I would have to come up with a fix somehow.....but can't imagine what.

Chris

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:18 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I'm glad to see that my seat is not the only one that's angled a bit toward the right. I thought it was just me! Wonder what the logic is in mounting this way?
Mach428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

I've got the same situation in my '97 Vectra 34RQ. Is it possible that the positioning of the driver's seat may be related to the space needed to remove the "doghouse" and the space that the retracted slideout takes?

I have alos thought of repositioning the seat directely be hind the center of the steering wheel. thinking about it is as far as I have gotten. Too many more pressing chores.
Appleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:19 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

WOW It looks like all the winnebago motorhome driver seat are not straightly installed. I HATE to say mine too.
sawsaw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:05 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Just playing devil's advocate here: Could having the seats mounted at a slight angle be intended to ensure the driver's body sits square in the seat and legs pointed straight to the pedals?

« Slobber? | Onan »