Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Front jacks won't extend

The front jacks on 2012 Journey won't extend when using the auto mode. I can get the jacks to works in the manual mode. I got a reply back from Power Gear and was told that the front jacks won't always extend if the coach is level using just the rear jacks. Does anyone know if this is true? I thought the front jacks would be needed to stabilize the coach. This has never happened before so I'm looking for any help.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:47 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

With a 2012 Adventurer my experience has been that the front jacks drop first to stabilize and most final adjustments are made by the back jacks. Left to right and finally the fronts lift or lower to complete the front to back level. I do not buy what you have been told by Power Gear. Go by what you have been told and you will have a bouncy front end.
len poleshaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

According the manual for the Power Gear Jacks, the front jack are to come down 1st and raise the front about 3" this is to provide sufficient room for side to side leveling around the front wheels. So they level in manual mode indicated that the jacks are functional and control circuits too, this would lead me to believe that there might be a problem with the Auto Mode portion of the control panel. So who ever @ Power Gear that said they might not come down WAS WRONG, beside to stabilize the coach you'll need all 4 jacks down.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

The system may not extend all 4 jacks down in auto mode. Does the system level the coach when the front jacks don't come down? Thank you.

This was the reply I received from power gear. So according to the last reply this is wrong. They said it depends on the main control box as to what the leveling sequence would be. I took this to mean that the rear could come down first and then the front.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

In my slanted driveway the front two have never come down. Saves we time as I only put blocks in the back. This has been over the last two years a whole bunch of times.
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Well so far since I've had my coach here has been the sequence every time I've leveled, 1) air suspension deflates, 2) front jacks come down and raise the coach about 3", 3) rear jacks come down and raise the rear about 1", this usually gets it level front to rear,
4) rear jacks left or right as needed to level coach side to side, 5) Front or rear again to relevel front to rear. My front jacks always come down 1st and raise the coach 3" or so before rear jacks extend, and any side to side leveling is done.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We just got home and I parked the coach on my pad ( I know it is true to level) and the front jacks worked. I guess I was on a too slanted pad at the campground for them to extend. Thanks to all who replied. Also a big thanks to Bill from power gear for replying to all my questions. I hope this was a one time glitch. Only time will tell.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Don't feel bad about forgetting somethings.
When we first bought our M.H. their were all kinds of up dates that we did not have in our trade in.
The first time we parked at a camp ground I could not get my jacks to go down so I call the factory about it and all they said was are you sure you have your Parking Break on. (which I for got to do) that took care of the situation.
Just a thought.
Walter5555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks