Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

The addition of a tapered shim is quite normal in obtaining the correct caster in many trucks/RVs etc. Some folks have them and don't even know it. Our past rig was a '99 Fleetwood Bounder 34V with the F-53 Chassis and it required the shim for it to track correctly. Now, if one "adds" a shim either at the factory or, after words, then compensation must be made to stableize that axle to keep it on center. I'm not a front end expert but, I did the install of the shims to our Bounder and made sure there was no provision for them to fall out or, that axle move.

To me, it's really odd that this happened while the coach was in storage and not on the road. I suppose it's possible for it to have happened while backing it down the driveway and at an angle etc. It might have applied the right force, at the right time, at the right angle just prior to putting it in its resting place for the winter and, the OP never noticed it actually happened. That is until it came time to move it out for use.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote