Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2006, 01:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Just purchased a 2006 suncruiser 33v from Flagg RV. The front nose piece has separated from the body and has left an unexposed paint line where the nose meets teh entire body of the mh. Also the front end nose steel brackets are rusted due to poor factory welds or post factory accident and many of the front end ornimental pieces are out of alingment. The dealer has refused to make the proper repairs and has pawned me off onto another dealer 3.2 hours away that cant make the repairs for at least 6 months. Winnebago has called me and is now looking into the matter. (very happy)Winnebago owner relations has ask me to travel to the factory plant but wont pay fuel expenses. Anyone have the same problems? or have any bad rusted welds on the front and has anyone got Winnebago to cover travel expenses? Plus they wont let me go to a local body shop. Any help would be appreciated. The rest of the RV is top notch!
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just purchased a 2006 suncruiser 33v from Flagg RV. The front nose piece has separated from the body and has left an unexposed paint line where the nose meets teh entire body of the mh. Also the front end nose steel brackets are rusted due to poor factory welds or post factory accident and many of the front end ornimental pieces are out of alingment. The dealer has refused to make the proper repairs and has pawned me off onto another dealer 3.2 hours away that cant make the repairs for at least 6 months. Winnebago has called me and is now looking into the matter. (very happy)Winnebago owner relations has ask me to travel to the factory plant but wont pay fuel expenses. Anyone have the same problems? or have any bad rusted welds on the front and has anyone got Winnebago to cover travel expenses? Plus they wont let me go to a local body shop. Any help would be appreciated. The rest of the RV is top notch!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

peter griffin, Welcome to the forum!!

Congrats on the "new to you" coach and I know someone will be along with an answer to your question.

We look forward to hearing more of your experiences with your new coach.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Peter:

First, welcome to the forum . Sorry you are having problems with a new rig.

I might suggest you contact Bryan Funke. He is a lead in Winnebago's Service area and he has been helpful to many with service issues. You can e-mail him at [email protected]

State your concerns and see if he can locate a dealer in your area who can make the necessary repairs.

Let us know how things work out for you.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Just got a call from the Winnebago Rep and he is looking into the matter but it looks like it might take 6 months to get an appointment at a repair facility.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Hey Peter - welcome to the forum even though you are here because of a problem to be resolved. Sorry you have a problem; we have had our share but nothing exactly like yours. We have been able work through getting all of ours solved but it takes a determination to see it through.

It sounds like your dealer is more interested in the sales end of the business rather than sales AND service - that's too bad. There are zillions of places that do a good job of taking your money, but are nowhere to be found after the sale.

You issue sounds complicated enough for the factory to do the best job of making it right. Since they won't pay your travel expenses, why not try to combine a pleasure trip with a stop by Forest City?

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:06 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Just found out that it might not be a warranty repair it might be post factory delivery damage and I want some type of confiramtion. Plus the Factory warranty repair is 2 months out.

Im still thinking about it but the kids start school soon.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:59 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Bryan Funke will allow you to use a local non-Winnegago repair facility, if you can locate one that is qualified to do the job and he can check on it. He has done this for me on a rather serious repair matter and I couldn't make it back to the factory.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:10 AM   #9

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully you won't have to drive that long distance to the factory to have them tell you that they wont fix it.

Why wont your dealer repair it?

We have had good luck with our dealer (albeit 100 miles away) on some MAJOR repairs......Hopefully you can get someone local to work on it for you!

Mark
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:25 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I am going to another dealer because the rep wants me to and now I am getting reimbursed from my dealer for the fuel. Things are moving forward but still unsure if my damage is a defect or a collison before i got it.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:10 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I think Flagg got to big for thier own good.I bought my first trailer there and at that time service was good.Lot of great help on this forum.Being persistent helps with these big companies.Welcome and good luck. BTW do you have a son named Stewie??

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Im not going to give Flagg RV a bad reputation yet. Ill keep you posted. The service Manager is the problem. Mike Flagg is great to deal with.