Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2021, 12:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Front End Alignment / Rotate Tire - North Dallas

I have had my brand new RV 2 years now with 17,500 miles. I have the Safe T Plus installed.

The RV drives straight and I see no issues with tread wear patterns, but I am thinking I should get an alignment and rotate the tires anyway?

Anybody got any idea of where I may go to get this kind of work done and approximately how much I should expect to pay?

Local Winnebago Dealer will not do.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 03:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Any large Tire dealer that works on larger pickups and commercial trucks is a good choice.

I think the Sunstar has 19" tires so it's much easier to find someone to work on it - I'd try Discount Tire. Even if they can't get your RV into their shop they will park it just outside and use a hand jack.

If I'm wrong and it has 22.5" tires (my Adventurer does) then you need to find someone that works on Semi-Trucks and busses.

There are two schools of thought on alignment and rotating tires. One school is pro the practice and find it important. Another school is if everything is good don't fix what ain't broke.

One more thing... being in North Dallas don't forget that NIRVC is in Lewisville and they are a Winnebago dealer now. You'll get top notch service from them.
Old 12-04-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Any large Tire dealer that works on larger pickups and commercial trucks is a good choice.

I think the Sunstar has 19" tires so it's much easier to find someone to work on it - I'd try Discount Tire. Even if they can't get your RV into their shop they will park it just outside and use a hand jack.

If I'm wrong and it has 22.5" tires (my Adventurer does) then you need to find someone that works on Semi-Trucks and busses.

There are two schools of thought on alignment and rotating tires. One school is pro the practice and find it important. Another school is if everything is good don't fix what ain't broke.

One more thing... being in North Dallas don't forget that NIRVC is in Lewisville and they are a Winnebago dealer now. You'll get top notch service from them.
Wow, I did not know that NIRVC was a Winnebago Dealer They are about 4 miles from house in Carrollton. My RV is 2 years now so no warranty work anymore but it is worth a drive by sometime.

Yes, I have 19.5" Tires. Are you saying that discount tire does alignments, or suggesting I go there to just get tires rotated and then find a place for alignment?

I concur with you point about if it ain't broke don't fix, especially in my case because I have Safe T Plus. To do it right they would need to remove the Safe T Plus, align and then reinstall and align with the Safe T Plus.

I installed the Safe T Plus and it took me 5 tries to get perfect where I could drive straight hands free
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 12-04-2021, 04:58 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Are you saying that discount tire does alignments, or suggesting I go there to just get tires rotated and then find a place for alignment?
No they don't do alignments, just tire work. But with 19.5" tires you should find that any place that can handle commercial ford Pickups like F350/F450 should be a candidate for your alignment.

I went to a semi-truck alignment place (in San Antonio) because I have the larger 22.5" tires. This worked out great and I'm pretty sure they would have done the work if I had the 19.5" tires, too.

It's up to you. Just search for Commercial Truck alignments in your area.

Cheers.
Old 12-04-2021, 05:42 PM   #5
Living The Dream

Briscoe Tire Shop in Denton does great work. I highly recommend them. Very professional. Had our motorhome aligned there a few months ago. They do big trucks, motorhomes and such as well as “big tire” work.

https://briscoetire.com/
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #6
Living The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
… snipped …

I see three of the five NIRVC locations are official Winnebago dealerships, but Dallas and Phoenix locations don’t seem to be … did I miss something? Might be nice, though! It’s close
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 07:05 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
I see three of the five NIRVC locations are official Winnebago dealerships, but Dallas and Phoenix locations don’t seem to be … did I miss something? Might be nice, though! It’s close
A agree it would be nice. I almost bought a Newmar Bay Sport at the Lewisville location, but I could not get passed the fact for all that money there was no outdoor kitchen nor outdoor TV. And the TV inside was on a teleporter that when raised blocked one of the main windows

Anyway, I bet there must be some licensing issue with McClains that prevents the Dallas (Lewisville) location from selling. But wonder if they don't sell them wink wink through Nashville, Vegas or Atlanta.

They recently remodel in Lewisville; so I need to stop by one day to see what they are up to these days.