Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

fresh water pump

We have a 2003 36' DL Winnebago Journey. Trying to buy a new pump. We do a lot of dry camping so I would like to have an extra pump. Problem is we cannot read the numbers on the pump that is in it now. Does anyone know if the numbers are the same on all motorhomes like ours?
Also has anyone replaced the window screw that opens and closes the bedroom windows. We have one that the screw is stripped out will not close window all the way.
Thank you.
Darlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 01:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Just a thought... Is your make/model/serial number of your pump in your owners binder?

I'm not sure if your talking about your window crank or the individual screws for the arm-type hinges or even the glass itself. As for the latter two I was able to find a right-sized screw with neoprene washer at our local hardware store (Ace). Color was a match too.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Can you reach the pump with your cell phone and take a photo of the label to see what the model number is?

A great many RVs, WBGO and other brands, use the Shurflo 4008. Also, in many cases the replacement doesn't have to be the same pump at all.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We cannot see the actual information on the water pump.
It is the screw crank on the window. It is the circle that you spin to open and close the window.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

That is a great idea we will try taking a picture of it. Thank you.
When I called the parts dept to see if they had one in stock they said they needed to know if it was a 3mg or 3.5mg. they said that is what determines the pessure. We will check out the Shurflo 4008.
Thank you
Old 10-20-2020, 03:04 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlee View Post
We cannot see the actual information on the water pump.
But if you can reach an arm back in to where the pump is mounted while holding your cell phone - perhaps you could take a photo and then read the model from the photo you've taken??

Quote:
It is the screw crank on the window. It is the circle that you spin to open and close the window.
Take the stripped screw to Home Depot and have them find a similar screw. It's a screw... not a Winnebago part.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:06 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
When I called the parts dept to see if they had one in stock they said they needed to know if it was a 3mg or 3.5mg. they said that is what determines the pessure. We will check out the Shurflo 4008.
Thank you
The Shurflo is 3.5 gpm. But I seriously doubt if that matters. Lots of folks buy a different, higher flow pump to get better water pressure.
Old 10-20-2020, 03:19 PM   #8
Site Team

Here is the parts list showing the water pump for the 2003 Journey 36DL. It's part number: 098607-01-000
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 4.15.40 PM.png
Views:	91
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	175398

In my simple google search I found a page that says the Shurflo 4008 replaces that part number. NOTE! I have no real knowledge if that's accurate or not.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 4.18.31 PM.png
Views:	78
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	175397
Old 10-20-2020, 10:15 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
The Shurflo is 3.5 gpm. But I seriously doubt if that matters. Lots of folks buy a different, higher flow pump to get better water pressure.
When our original pump went bad after about 10 years of service, it was a 5 gpm pump from the factory. But, when it went out, we were on a trip and a 5 gpm sureflo couldn't be found to save our lives. All we could find at that time was a 4008 which I think is a 3.5 gpm. The fittings etc. are all the same but, the mounting flange/holes were off. So, I simply drilled new holes in the compartment back wall where it is to be mounted.

Even though it's a lesser GPM, that pump works just fine. When you think about it, 3.5 gpm is a pretty fair amount of water. If you boon dock, which we do every now and then, you can use up some water quickly if you're not careful.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 06:52 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I just went through this water pump thing and have had a change of mind on the topic.

As to the pump and numbere there are two data points. First is the PSI this the the pressure that the pump will pump up to before it kicks off. I had a pump that was set at 45psi that is pretty standard but you can get them as high as 60PSI.

The second number has to do with the flow. GPM, gallons per min this is the more important number because its the flow of water that comes out of the tap or shower that consumes water or flushes the toilet.

I went from a 45 PSI, 2.4 GPM pump to a robust Rmeco 60psi 5.3 GPM pump.

The up side was great pressure, and flow when flushing or taking a shower was great, the down side, the pump made more noise and it used a lot of water, more water than i was used to and when we were not connected to a water supply, it was a problem, like running out of water problem.

So I have changed directions, I took off the High powered pump and replaced it with a 55psi, 3.5gpm pump. A bit less water usage. When it comes to water use, the GPM number is the important one, the PSI just is the shut off pressure.
ftodaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:49 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Best way to get original parts identification is to call Lichtsinn Motors at 800.343.6255 in Forest City. Ask for rv parts. They will ask for your s/n, and can tell you every detail about the original build. And their prices on parts will normally beat even your local dealer.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:57 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
We have a 2003 36' DL Winnebago Journey. Trying to buy a new pump. We do a lot of dry camping so I would like to have an extra pump. Problem is we cannot read the numbers on the pump that is in it now. Does anyone know if the numbers are the same on all motorhomes like ours?
Also has anyone replaced the window screw that opens and closes the bedroom windows. We have one that the screw is stripped out will not close window all the way.
Thank you.
Water pump: https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=rv+wate...nb_sb_ss_i_5_8
Pick the one that fits and fits your budget. GPM is your choice.
Can't help with the window. Sorry.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:27 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

try this one

Quote:
Thank you.

Fresh water pumps are pretty standard. I just bought this one as a backup, should my pump fail. About seventy bucks. The reviews were excellent.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
golden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:55 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

For your window issue

Below is a link to Winnebago parts catalog. Find your year then your model. On the 4th page of the contents you will find Window & Vents Group. Page 248 shows the body with window locations. Identify which window you have the issue, find the part number of the window in the list below. Then scroll down through the various window diagrams until you find the same window part number. Identify the part you need from the diagram of the window assembly. Should be able to order the part from a dealer or try Winnebagoparts.com.

Parts Catalog

Hope that helps.

Tags
fresh water, water, water pump