Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2015, 05:03 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Holly Heck, a 14' inflatable! That's some storage compartment! I've always been a little bit leery about storing gasoline appliances in the storage bays, even with empty tanks, and that begs the question, where to you put the full (or empty) fuel cans? I would like to carry a Honda EU-2000 for those times when the AC isn't needed, but we are dry camping for extended periods. What to do with the fuel cans?
We only used the inflatable at the CG we winter at so we bought a new fuel tank for it and the CG kept it over the summer for us so we did not transport it. They were happy to take it since the old 2 stroke used mixed fuel they used up from the tank for weed eaters and stuff. The last couple of years we paid to store it there so we left everything.

A couple of kids bought the Zodiac from us in Florida so I gave them the tank since we had two more up north.

One thought on carrying fuel tanks. We carry our "blue thunder" portable waste tank on one of those rectangular cargo carriers that hangs from the receiver on your MH or toad. It's always empty on there so in the event someone runs into it, nothing to spill. It could be dangerous if you carry a full gas can like that and it gets run into. Just and idea though.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:29 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
My understanding is that DEF and other anti-smog add-ons has hurt MPG by one or two MPG. Who's had both older and newer (same weight) and can comment from experience?

No, wrong there, friend.

My DEF pulls 35,000 pounds including the toad truck and I get 8.5 in the mountains and 10-11 mpg on the flats.

Cheers!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, freightliner