Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2016, 06:52 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5star View Post
TexasProud,

Thank you for your order and your feedback! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the performance & drivability benefits to your coach. I believe you are really going to enjoy the changes.
Here's another pat on the back for 5 Star Tuning: I had done the updates on the device and was going to download the tune to the motorhome today. Was dark in the quonset hut where the Winnebago is parked, I was having problems seeing what I was doing w/ my Dollar General reading glasses and flashlight and overall just had doubts if I'd be able to get it done correctly. Called the phone # on the brochure, got a really nice fellow on the other end, and he took about 1/2 an hour of his time to go through the process w/ me. Thanked him for his patience and "holding my hand" and then took the rig out for a 40 mile test drive. Very pleased w/ the end result - smoother shifts, less downshifting and more get-up & go!
GREAT customer service from this vendor!
TexasProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Did you get the standard tune for v10 motorhome or special tune?
Robert
2012 Vista with terrible shift points
rjadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:12 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

I have had 5 Star on a 2008 Cambria Class C (Ford E450 V10) and my current RV. Both 87 Octane RV tunes designed for no change to intake or exhaust. Improves drive-ability. My personal experience is that there is almost no change in fuel consumption.

The 5 Star 87 Octane RV program remaps the fuel injection to increase torque and horsepower mainly at higher RPM, at the typical RPM you cruise very little change which is why IMHO there is almost no change in fuel consumption. The increase in HP at higher RPM is not huge, under 10% but it does improve acceleration and the higher power per given RPM reduces the need to downshift from 5th gear to lower gears when cruising and you encounter a grade or are driving into a head wind.

If you are planning to keep your RV for many years, IMHO its worth it so long as you can spread out the cost of the tune and the associated hardware to load it in and out of your Ford F53 Engine Control Module ( over $ 300 ) over many years.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:55 AM   #24
Site Team

Folks, keep in mind that the original poster asked about this product a year and a half ago. It should be assumed that he has long ago received the answer to his initial question.

This is a zombie thread that was brought back from the dead two posts back.

Tags
ford, v10