Bob, when we purchased our "gently used" Journey several years ago, the first renovation we did was to replace the OEM carpet and vinyl tile with vinyl tile more to our liking. We heated the orig tile, lifted it and placed the new self stick vinyl without removing the old adhesive. Ton of work to do so, and two local tile shops advised not needed. However, like you, we had an area where four tiles came together (four corners) that curled up. We removed those four tiles, used Kwick Klean adhesive remover (because that was what ACE had), then used a generic subfloor sealer on the bare plywood, then laid four unused tiles. Solved THAT problem.
A characteristic of tile adhesive is that it stays pliable indefinitely. In a RV, tiles will "creep" laterally through foot traffic, furniture/wall vibration, etc. Seams will open up. Tiles will jam until they buckle. Tiles will even try to creep outside beneath slide outs. Not so much of a problem in a house because the tiles are captured by low vibration walls and subfloor. They need to be captured in our RV's, too. The simplest solution a staple driven unobtrusively around all walls and especially in the way of your slideouts. Every 12 - 16 inches as close to the wall as your stapler allows. Extend your slideouts and staple as close to the coach wall as possible.
Fair Winds and Following Seas
Terry & Rosalina
2007 Winnebago Journey 34SE
Retired Navy Mustang & Navy Wife