Old 08-10-2020, 04:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

First time out in our 2003 Minnie

This weekend we took our new to us 2003 31' Minnie camping. Overall we are very happy but had some concerns/questions that I am sure are just us being new to RV's.

1. Can we stabilize it when camped? When people are moving around the cabin or even wind, the RV rocks and everyone can feel it. Would scissor jacks work? where would they go?

2. Reducing odor from the black water tanks, we emptied the tank and after that there was an unpleasant odor. It eventually went away. What step am I missing? How much water should we put into the toilet after dumping?

3. We emptied the grey water tank as well after it got full but it seemed to fill up pretty quick the next day. Without a lot of usage. Is it possible it didn't empty correctly or fully?

4. Our RV is plugged into 15Amp service so the fridge is always on, but the first night it seemed to not keep things cold, the next morning it worked well. It was 100 degrees so I wonder if that is the factor?

5. It seems like it would be very convenient have the an exterior propane connection to be able to hook up to a stove outside. Is that reasonable and/or possible?

6. The exterior water for the outside shower only has hot water, the cold water doesn't seem to work there. I assume it should have both working.

Sorry for so many questions/comments.

Dave
Mashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote