Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2023, 05:23 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Finding Hydraulic fluid reservoir/fill location

Have a 2018 new to us Winnebago Vista 29ve. Planning a long trip and want some backup Hydraulic fluid. Manual said to refer to Mfg so no help. Looking for type of Hydraulic fluid to buy and where reservoir is located. Thanks in advance for any and all help!
Scott Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 08:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Your Operator’s Manual has this info. And your should have a PowerGear specific manual or something similar in your Info Case.

It uses ATF fluid in the reservoir. There is a cap on top of the reservoir you wiggle out. And this is where you refill the tank. There is no fill level other than you fill it to the top of the tank but only with the jacks fully retracted.

The photo in the book shows the fluid too low for my tank. I have to keep the fluid up to the edges of the top of the tank or my jacks alarm will go off in turns.

If I remember correctly you use DOT 4/Mercon V ATF Fluid.

Here the page in your manual that details its location etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0266.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	186023  
Old 05-18-2023, 06:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Yup, refer to your owners manual for the correct oil. For instance, the HWH brand says to never use hydraulic jack oil. My model HWH leveling system says to use HWH oil or type A ATF, but some later models say to use HWH oil or Dextron IV.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, fluid, hydraulic