Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
JC2
Winnie-Wise

If I need an extra set of keys(door & storage bin locks), could I get these from Winnebago or WorkHorse if I have the key #'s?
Old 03-09-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
JC2
Winnie-Wise

If I need an extra set of keys(door & storage bin locks), could I get these from Winnebago or WorkHorse if I have the key #'s?
Old 03-09-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I'm not sure, I had mine made at an ACE hardware store in town.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Yes. Go to your dealer and order the keys by the number on your key.

I ordered door/compartment keys by the # on the key; the deadbolt key was sent to me as a blank which I have to have cut locally.

Ignition keys I got made locally (Freightliner chassis) as Winnie does not supply these. Not sure for Workhorse. Call Winnie customer service to find out.

P.S. I had a very bad experience with my purchasing dealer, so I went to Lichtsinn Motors and got them within 4 days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I was able to get a complete set by taking them to a local locksmith. Also got colored caps so I can tell the difference between, door, deadbolt, storage compartment and water.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:36 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34.5A:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JC2:
If I need an extra set of keys(door & storage bin locks), could I get these from Winnebago or WorkHorse if I have the key #'s? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As 'Pusherman' stated, yes, it's easy to get keys from your local dealer. You can check out the online Winnebago Parts and Accessories Catalog and it has the part numbers listed. Keys are listed starting on page 186.

P.S. - I ordered two keys the other day; I was told that actually they are blanks and will have to have the keys cut. I have one set that is one black, one grey key and the second set are both black. I'm hoping the blanks are one black and one grey, as it makes it easy to know which key opens the storage.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...go_Catalog.pdf </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #7
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Richard 34.5A:
Not to change the subject but I notice u have an 05 Sightseer with the same AT as mine. Have u ever had a loud whing noise that resonates from the doghouse area when traveling down the road? I insulated the DH area but it seems unusual to me but maybe the Allison is characteristically louder. Others on this forum have indicated that it was normal while some have indicated it should not be. One forum member is having his 3rd member Dana gears replace as defective. I'm going to exam it closer when I get our rig back from the authorized WH shop for a supposedly faulty O2 sensor & alternator.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:15 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JC2:
Richard 34.5A:
Not to change the subject but I notice u have an 05 Sightseer with the same AT as mine. Have u ever had a loud whing noise that resonates from the doghouse area when traveling down the road? I insulated the DH area but it seems unusual to me but maybe the Allison is characteristically louder. Others on this forum have indicated that it was normal while some have indicated it should not be. One forum member is having his 3rd member Dana gears replace as defective. I'm going to exam it closer when I get our rig back from the authorized WH shop for a supposedly faulty O2 sensor & alternator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello JC2;

I'm not sure if it's the same noise that you are referring to; when my MH shifts into fifth-gear, it seems that I hear a driveline howl but it's more like in the middle to rear of the MH. Driveline is pretty quiet in first, second, third and fourth but a howl is noticeable in fifth. I think all the noise seems normal around the doghouse on my MH. I'm taking it out this weekend, so I can check it out more.

I once had a 1995 Ford chassis Flair with a four-speed automatic that was really, really bad in fourth but was always told that it was 'normal', so I guess I kind of thought the same about this, as the noise seems similar but not nearly as loud. I need to take mine in to Workman for a minor recall but haven't scheduled it yet; sounds like I should have them test-drive my MH to see if in fact is normal.

Thanks for asking; maybe something isn't quite right and I was willing to accept it.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 AM   #9
JC2
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34.5A:
Richard 34.5A:
Not to change the subject but I notice u have an 05 Sightseer with the same AT as mine. Have u ever had a loud whing noise that resonates from the doghouse area when traveling down the road? I insulated the DH area but it seems unusual to me but maybe the Allison is characteristically louder. Others on this forum have indicated that it was normal while some have indicated it should not be. One forum member is having his 3rd member Dana gears replace as defective. I'm going to exam it closer when I get our rig back from the authorized WH shop for a supposedly faulty O2 sensor & alternator. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello JC2;

I'm not sure if it's the same noise that you are referring to; when my MH shifts into fifth-gear, it seems that I hear a driveline howl but it's more like in the middle to rear of the MH. Driveline is pretty quiet in first, second, third and fourth but a howl is noticeable in fifth. I think all the noise seems normal around the doghouse on my MH. I'm taking it out this weekend, so I can check it out more.

I once had a 1995 Ford chassis Flair with a four-speed automatic that was really, really bad in fourth but was always told that it was 'normal', so I guess I kind of thought the same about this, as the noise seems similar but not nearly as loud. I need to take mine in to Workman for a minor recall but haven't scheduled it yet; sounds like I should have them test-drive my MH to see if in fact is normal.

Thanks for asking; maybe something isn't quite right and I was willing to accept it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to read this thread originally started by Pubtym on this forum concerning insulating the doghouse cover on his 06 Winnie but also discusses the noise he was having and the results. Seems that he is having the 3rd gear assembly replaced in his....
http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2486094452/m/5101040033/p/1