Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Does anyone know of a very reputable RV repair shop (coach not chassis) in the Tulsa, Ok or Wichita, Ks area? Dean's RV in Tulsa treats you worse than a step-child if you didn't buy from them, McClain's in OKlahoma City doesn't have a very good reputation for good repair work even in the RVservice web site, and I've been told to stay away from Adventure RV in Wichita. That about takes care of any Winnebago shops for me, so I'm looking for a good otherwise shop. I need some HWH slideout work done on my coach.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Being from California with my own lack of quality repair shops my one suggestion is to give HWH a call, tell them your problem and see what they have to offer. My expeience with them is pretty good.

Don, WIT 70041
DonGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

It's a little further away, but Wheelan's RV (a Winnie Dealer) in Joplin, MO, has been good to us, and seems to know what they're doing.

Hope you find what you're looking for.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

call HWH and they will recommend one of their certified hwh repair shops.
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

While passing through, I had my basement ac/heat pump repaired on the East side of Wichita in May 2007. Flint Hills RV treated us great with overnight power and a key to the gate in case we wanted out, then did a superb and very efficient job of repairing our problem the next morning. They pulled and diagnosed the unit faster than three other places that worked on it could even begin to figure out how to remove it. The contact info I have is FLINT HILLS RV, 1523 Ledgerwood Dr (159th St. E. & Hwy. 54), Andover KS 67002, 316-733-8300, (svc mge I worked with was Darrel). I don't know if they do HWH work, but it would be worth a call to find out.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Thanks AFChap - I may even drive up there in the car just to talk to them. HWH really hasn't been much help, either on ordering the slide-out bushing I need or helping with instructions for installing them. When I asked for recommendations for a shop all they did was start reading off a list of them in my area. They suggested the local independent shop here in town but that shop wasn't honest with me on a repair on a past coach and I understand they really screwed up a roof repair after keeping a coach over 6 weeks.

Its really scary when you have to take your coach in to be repaired.

The best service I've received in 18 years of RVing was 7th Heaven RV (a Winny shop) in Boise, Idaho while on the road in 2004 with a practically new coach. They got me in in 2 days, jumped on the problem, had it solved in 15 minutes, called for the part immediately (HWH control board for levelers and slideouts), got it in the next day, installed it in 30 minutes and had me on the road.
Thanks again AFChap.

Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
Old 02-14-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I used Adventure RV several years ago for a HWH pump issue and found them to be excellent. Great service and attitude.

Nick
Old 02-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

It really makes it hard to pick a shop when you get both positive and negative remarks about any one shop. Guess it could be the particular repair, the shop's personnel's attitude or current problems at the time, their rushed schedule, or any number of problems.
Had a co-worker before I retired said he got a diagnosis from a local doctor for his daughter's foot problem, decided to get a second opinion which then differed from the first, so he got a third opinion which differed from either of the first two opinions. He was really confused then as to who was right for correcting the problem.

Wagonmaster2
Old 02-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

If 6 hours is not too far - try Fred & Jack's in Bryant, AR. They are our Winne dealer, and have always been prompt and fair.

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:31 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

It seems that you are about a days drive from the hwh hq. depending on weather of course. is that an option.

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the suggestions, looks like I have several options.

Wagonmaster2