Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Euro Chair from Winnebago?

Hi Everyone--Has anyone tried to purchase a Euro Chair from Winnebago? I would like to match the Ultra Leather color in our current coach but have the feeling that Winnebago will be ridicules’ in their price. Thought I would check here before I call Winnebago. Thanks--
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

They were selling them at GNR at a discount price of about $1,100. Camping World ordered ours (they were paying for it) an it was around $1,200 but it was slightly larger. I believe they are both built by Flexsteel.
ROMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Smile Euro Chair

I have a 40FD Vectra and replaced my chair with a EKORNES chair and it is an exact match. I have a back problem and this was recommended by my doctor. It is about 500 cheaper than Winnebago, much better construction. They are sold everywhere. Google for the store near you. They are made in Scandanavia. RocketmanRV
RocketmanRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:43 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Can't beleive EKORNES is cheaper than Winnie. Ekornes is the best chair on the market also the most expensive. I have two and the tab was around 3400 for the pair...and these were not the most expensive models..Check with Bradd & Hall in Indiana.Good Luck
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

I will likey get some flack but here goes:

I bought a leather Euro chair/ottoman from www.discountleatherchair.com for the coach for less than $600. It has been more than satisfactory.

Then we paid the big bucks ($3,600) for 2 of the Ekorness Stressless chairs for the stick house. IMO, the Ekorness are way overpriced. After using them for 3 yrs, we feel the lower cost chair I got for the coach is just as comfortable. The leather is not as soft as the Ekorness but it is holding up well and looks as nice.

Suggest you check discount leather chair before you decide. You may not get an exact match on the color, but they do have a variety of leather colors from which to choose.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:50 AM   #6
GG1
Winnie-Wise

Save you money and shop around at any well known furniture store you will find them all over for a fraction of the price and the same quality
Old 09-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Gary, Isn't it amazing how we can be led down the "golden" path. Bradd and Hall sells a Paliser brand that is suposed to be excellant and less money. Haynes and Haverty, neither carried the Euro recliner in our area.
Hope all is well ...Best to all, Jimmy
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Euro chair

We had our coach refurbished in Elkhart. We ordered the dinette, couch, and table from Brad & Hall. I was not particularly enamored with the Euro chair they had. We went to a local furniture store and ordered the Ekorness Stressless chair. They come in many different styles, prices, colors, and sizes. and yes you could pay up to $3400 if you wanted the top of the line chair in the largest size. We took measurements of the existing Winnie lounge chair and chose a size the was about the same size.We found the price range to be from $1000 up to the $3400 per chair. We ordered a color that pretty much matched the Flexsteel couch and dinette. We had to wait 3 months or so (We were told a special order would take up to 16 weeks) because the color we wanted was not on the floor. I think the price was almost $1300. We also had a choice of a (free) computer table or little round tray to set a drink or two on and chose the computer table. I removed the computer table as we have found it to be cumbersome in the motor home.
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I've been SO tempted by the BenchMaster recliners by DLC to replace the crappy, uncomfortable recliner that came with our Bounder. I see those are now on sale for $449 w/free Fed-Ex shipping. I think I'm going to take the leap & try one.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thanks guys for all your feedback. It sound like I need to get past the color match requirement and just find something that is a different color but will coordinate with the colors I have. I have also looked at the BenchMaster chairs and they look pretty nice. Thanks again---
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I've been SO tempted by the BenchMaster recliners by DLC to replace the crappy, uncomfortable recliner that came with our Bounder. I see those are now on sale for $449 w/free Fed-Ex shipping. I think I'm going to take the leap & try one.

Lori-
Lori, we bought two of the Benchmaster chairs from DLC, the Corona which we use in the MH and the Monterey for the house. Actually, the Corona is very comfortable and provides as good lumbar support as our expensive Ekornes chairs. However, the Monterey, while more 'rich' looking, was not that comfortable. We gave the Monterey to a family member who needed some furniture. The Benchmaster come in a box and do require some assembly but it is easy to do.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote