Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2004, 09:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

My 2004 Journey has a water leak on the bottom step of the entrance door. The carpet will get wet about 1" up the side from the step whenever it rains. The dealer has worked on this problem 6 times without success & Winnebago has been no help.
Has anyone had a similar problem and how was it fixed.
Thanks
chzgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My 2004 Journey has a water leak on the bottom step of the entrance door. The carpet will get wet about 1" up the side from the step whenever it rains. The dealer has worked on this problem 6 times without success & Winnebago has been no help.
Has anyone had a similar problem and how was it fixed.
Thanks
chzgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Hi,

We just bought a 2006 Meridian with the same problem. Haven't found the solution, but I'm wondering if you have? Let me know, please.

Craig Sheumaker
[email protected]

2006 Meridan 32T
craigclint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Craig, first of all Welcome to the forum!

I think you've found a great source of information.
If you're ever looking for somewhere to camp or someone to camp alongside,the main page has many opportunities to get together with folks in your area....

If you aren't having any luck at the dealer level, perhaps you can try:

Owner Relations email address-- [email protected]

Service Administration-... 1-800-537-1885

I've been working with them with an issue on my coach and I think you will find them ready and willing to help with your door issue.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Chzgil
I have the solution to the entry door step water problem.Go up on the roof,where the front cap of the motorhome connects to the roof there is a seam,most likely you will find a section not caulked allowing water to drain from the roof down the passenger side pillar and on to the entry step.
Ed Gardiser
Escondido,ca.
04 Vectra
87 Nissan PickUp
FMCA
Ed Gardiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 05:54 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Chzgil: Where the door awning box is mounted on the coach it extends to the right and stops about where our door hinge is located below. If you look on top of the awning, I added 2 inch piece of rain gutter rubber just to the right of the awning mount. If you pour water up there you will see the benefit of diverting the water to the right as it runs off the awning box. The 2 inch diversion takes the water away from the hinges and my water does not collect past the metal kick plate at the bottom of the door. Why you are up there unscrew the left motor cap. You will see sludge your motor base is sitting in. Drill a drain hole in the bottom of the cap for a dry motor. Good luck
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 02:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I experienced a similar problem caused by the door awning wiring. Slide the awning box toward the front of the coach (remove the two retaining screws) to expose the area. I found that the two electrical wires passed through the sidewall without ANY sealant. Sealing the area eliminated the need to chase water leaks.
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote