Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 04:28 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Nomad Mike, this is from your wiring diagrams.
The voltage readings sound a little off could be the Aux Start Relay.
The Aux start relay contacts get pitted over time a cause a high resistance and not a good current path between the batteries. There was a thread about this not to long ago I will see if I can find it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Aux_Disconnect relays.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	223.7 KB
ID:	92835  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:35 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
Nomad Mike, this is from your wiring diagrams.
The voltage readings sound a little off could be the Aux Start Relay.
The Aux start relay contacts get pitted over time a cause a high resistance and not a good current path between the batteries. There was a thread about this not to long ago I will see if I can find it.

Thanks, I've been looking at that and the 06' to see where it is installed. I did find a thread on the solenoid, but it was a bit confusing with all the different part numbers being looked at, plus they were talking about a gas model with a smaller solenoid - at least according to another poster.

I've found the part for $89 at Lichstin RV - my warranty has a $100 deductible so it's probably not worth the hassle to take it to a shop. I still want to be certain that's the problem before I get a new one and that the one I found 008188-02-00 is the best one for the bucks. That thread talked a lot about silver vs copper contacts.

It makes sense to me that this solenoid is bad, not just because of the voltage mismatch, but others having this same solenoid go bad and the fact that the emergency start would not work. it did not even light up the dash and those three house batteries were fully charged.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:20 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Called Winnebago service and went over the troubleshooting of the emergency start and they said it does sound like a bad emergency start solenoid. I have one on order now.

While I was in the mood today, I installed the Amp-L-Start. Chassis battery is now charging from the shore power.