Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

My electric awning on my 04 Journey is completely and totally worthless. Any puff of wind and up it goes. For it to stay extended the wind must be totally calm which seldom happens. Does anyone know if there is any adustment that can be made to these things. I have also found that my Journey is glued together and the 04 glue was not good. Has anyone else had either of these problems with 2004 models?
Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My electric awning on my 04 Journey is completely and totally worthless. Any puff of wind and up it goes. For it to stay extended the wind must be totally calm which seldom happens. Does anyone know if there is any adustment that can be made to these things. I have also found that my Journey is glued together and the 04 glue was not good. Has anyone else had either of these problems with 2004 models?
Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:36 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

There have been several posts about Winnie glue not holding go on find and search under Winnebago glue... There is an adjustment for the awning, but I really don't know where that is??? Try a search on that one too...
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:57 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Scroll down to "A&E Weather Pro" by Dick & Carol. Red T posted the following.

Remove the 4 screws on the "Black Box"
On the circuit board is a module with little white DIP switches on it.
If all switches are off, the unit is set to react to an 18 mph wind.
Turn the power off to the Black Box.
#2 ON will add 3 mph to the 18 mph setting.
#3 ON will add 6 mph to the 18 mph setting.
2 & 4 ON will lower the setting 3 mph from 18 mph.
3 & 4 ON will lower the setting 6 mph from 18 mph.
Be sure the switches are completely FULL ON or FULL OFF (full up or full down), not in the middle.
Turn the power back on and see what happens.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

lake ...

We own a 2004 Journey ... we have had glue problems ... rear "hood", front "hood", and one headlight have all come loose ...

I bolted the "hoods" with stainless steel bolts ... the headlight was reglued by Winnebago
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

YOU CAN TURN OFF THE SENSOR ...BUT YOU BETTER STRAP THE AWNING TO THE GROUND OR IT WILL GO FLYING MY 06 ADVENTURER HA STHE SAME PROBLEM IN THE WIND...I DONT PUT IT OUT IF WINDS ARE OVER 15 MPH
Old 03-29-2007, 02:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Mr. Vette, what they are tell you is that you can adjust the sensor inside the box to various wind speeds and set it to your liking. Most often changing the settings solves the problem of retracting in mild winds.
If you loose the awning in high winds or heavy rains Dometic, will tell you tough luck it was a Act of God.
Always put it in manually if you leave or in a thunder storm. Good Luck and Good Miles

PS Please due a SEARCH as there is tons of info on this forum about the Power Pro Awning..
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:54 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Lake:
I use the enable/disable toggle switch on the side of the awning control box, the switch is probably hidden from your view.

The glue issue; look at both the front and read access hoods. I have bolted both with thin stainless bolts. The front took 4 bolts to hold the hinges to the front cap, you can't see unless you open the hood.

The rear access hood, I opened the hood and drilled from the sides and the top using 1.5 inch bolts (and spacers to take up the gap from the frame and the fiberglass). You can't see these bolts either.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote