Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2002, 04:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I tried a tip posted by Tom Williams back on Sept.4th. Our 01 Adventurer has had this wind noise since new,also test drove another one and it had the same problem. Thanks Tom, I don't know how you found the source of the noise.

From Tom's post:
I solved the problem of wind whistle and wind noise from the drivers door of my 01 Suncrusier 35U. The whistle was coming for the black grill in front. The ends of the grill vibrate and cause a harmonic vibration. Dealer welded a small metal rod on the ends of the grill to stop the vibration. The wind noise from the drivers door was coming from a channel that runs veritical toward the front of the roll down window. I found it by putting duct tape over it. For a permanent fix I ran a bead of black caulking in the channel.

2010 View 24K
warrenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 04:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I tried a tip posted by Tom Williams back on Sept.4th. Our 01 Adventurer has had this wind noise since new,also test drove another one and it had the same problem. Thanks Tom, I don't know how you found the source of the noise.

From Tom's post:
I solved the problem of wind whistle and wind noise from the drivers door of my 01 Suncrusier 35U. The whistle was coming for the black grill in front. The ends of the grill vibrate and cause a harmonic vibration. Dealer welded a small metal rod on the ends of the grill to stop the vibration. The wind noise from the drivers door was coming from a channel that runs veritical toward the front of the roll down window. I found it by putting duct tape over it. For a permanent fix I ran a bead of black caulking in the channel.

2010 View 24K
Old 11-05-2002, 06:14 PM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Can you photograph it? I'd like to see what you've done.

01 Winnebago/Workhorse Model 37G/W20 Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"
8 8
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 03:35 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Our driver door has a tiny rattle/squeek, just enough to bug you but not drive you crazy.

You can make it stop by applying pressure to the black horizontal upper window frame - where the top of the window seats when it is up.

I can't figure out how to fix it - any ideas??

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods
FMCA 300790, Good Sam, PCA-CVR
Old 11-06-2002, 06:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Location: \"North of the Tourists and South of the Yankees!\"
I sprayed silcone on mine and squeeks went away.

Would imagine that thin weather striping might help wind noise if it is being generated between door and coach.

my .02

Al and Faye Heyn

"Owl's Nest Phase II"
Orange Park, Fl
2000 35U Ford
2002 Jeep GC or 2000 Chev Trckr
FMCA 273789 WIT 101577 GS

My wife says I don't listen to her when she talks to me.... I think that is what she said.

Wir müssen 5. Spaltenmoslems suchen!

"Owl's Nest Phase II"
Al & Faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 08:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Sprayed silicon up into the felt lined area where the window seats when fully raised?

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Connecticut Woods
FMCA 300790, Good Sam, PCA-CVR
Old 01-29-2006, 01:31 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I posted back in 2002 when I had the wind noise on Adventurer

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Posted November 05, 2002 09:39 PM

From Tom's post:
I solved the problem of wind whistle and wind noise from the drivers door of my 01 Suncrusier 35U. The whistle was coming for the black grill in front. The ends of the grill vibrate and cause a harmonic vibration. Dealer welded a small metal rod on the ends of the grill to stop the vibration. The wind noise from the drivers door was coming from a channel that runs veritical toward the front of the roll down window. I found it by putting duct tape over it. For a permanent fix I ran a bead of black caulking in the channel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2010 View 24K