Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Driver side Screen

I have a 2005 Vectra and need a new screen frame for the driver side window. Does anyone know where I can get one. The local Glass and screen co. can not fix it due to the plastic rounded corners.
RD Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:34 PM   #2
Retired and Loving it

For whai it’s worth, Ihave an 08 Vectra 40 and keep the drivers side screen stored in the bedroom closet.
Find it much nicer seeing clearly without screen.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:12 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

i LOVE HAVING THE WINDOW OPEN WHEN TRAVELING AND IN OUR SITE WHEN PARKED. SO LIKE HAVING IT. IF YOU DO NOT USE IT HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR IT.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:30 PM   #4
Retired and Loving it

I leave it out when travelling, no problem opening windowwhile driving, never seem to get flies.
I do install when parked, we also would prefer fresh air vs A/C whenever possible.
If you wish, i can get you exact measurements when I go up to get coach in a couple of weeks.
Let me know.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:27 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Eagle View Post
I have a 2005 Vectra and need a new screen frame for the driver side window. Does anyone know where I can get one. The local Glass and screen co. can not fix it due to the plastic rounded corners.
If you have the plastic corners, you should be able to find the rails.

Call the parts department here: https://www.lichtsinn.com/
Old 09-22-2018, 11:09 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thank you they have one. Saved the website for future reference. Thank you all for your help.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:53 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thank you they have one. Saved the website for future reference. Thank you all for your help.
RVers helping RVers be RVers.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:33 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I heard from them yesterday and now they say that the screen is no longer made so guess I will see if I can fix it.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:42 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Jer,
Like just about all RVs, the screens all have rounded corners. There are no “plastic” corners.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:14 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

For some reason my has plastic rounded corners inserted into the metal tubing. Don't know why but might be able to fix it I hope. Don't know if they are the orginal ones or not is what came with it when I bought it a month ago.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Jer,
Like just about all RVs, the screens all have rounded corners. There are no “plastic” corners.
Scott
Actually, all of the corners (both the right angle and the 'rounded' ones) on my 2005 Vectra screens are black plastic, fitting into the black anodized aluminum frames. The corners look the same on all of the windows with rounded corners.

If Lichtsinn's can't help it might be worth checking with WinnebagoParts.com (Mobility RV, not a part of Winnebago) as well. It might also be worth checking if any of the screens are available--if so a larger one might be disassembled and cut down to size for the drivers window. If you need the actual dimensions of the screen I can dig mine out of the bedroom closet where they live and measure it for you.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:01 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

I have the screen it just has a tare on the metal part. I just want things right on our new/old rig 2005 vectra. thanks and will get back if I need measure ments.

thanks
Old 09-27-2018, 07:53 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
For some reason my has plastic rounded corners inserted into the metal tubing. Don't know why but might be able to fix it I hope. Don't know if they are the orginal ones or not is what came with it when I bought it a month ago.
I think we are all trying to tell you the same thing. Pull the corner fittings out. Save all the good rails, if any. Winnebago told me, several years ago, that they have the rail stock on hand. As others have suggested, contact the Winnebago parts store directly.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:43 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Yes I will contact them direct and see what they can do. Thanks all.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
Actually, all of the corners (both the right angle and the 'rounded' ones) on my 2005 Vectra screens are black plastic, fitting into the black anodized aluminum frames. The corners look the same on all of the windows with rounded corners.

If Lichtsinn's can't help it might be worth checking with WinnebagoParts.com (Mobility RV, not a part of Winnebago) as well. It might also be worth checking if any of the screens are available--if so a larger one might be disassembled and cut down to size for the drivers window. If you need the actual dimensions of the screen I can dig mine out of the bedroom closet where they live and measure it for you.
Ok Chris,
Now you got me. I'd have bet the farm that all of mine are rounded metal corners but, I'll have to go out and check. Heck, I've had those screens out, several times to rinse them off 'cause they get fairly dirty. But, I've never, ever noticed if they had separate plastic round corners. I'll have to apologize for not conveying the right info.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 02:17 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Did they ever make a driver's screen for the '97 Adventurer? I will be making one out of an old damaged house screen, cut the aluminum frame down to fit and reassemble.
n0ukf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:55 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Well who knew. They could have made two different types. Thanks will check other places and the site you gave me.

Tags
driver, scr