Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2015, 03:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Does the Allison Transmission come with TranSynd?

Would a new WBGO Journey in 05' have come with Transynd fluid? My guess is no from reading in other posts that they upgraded to Transynd.

If the previous owner had switched to Transynd, would there be anyway to know?
Old 05-05-2015, 06:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

My 02, 275 HP Cummins, MH2000 transmission when new, came with Transynd. On the radiator a sticker was attached saying "use Transynd only"
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:28 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

You can havevthe fjuid tested and determine if it is transynd. Any allison dealer can do the test.
joekris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Mike View Post
Would a new WBGO Journey in 05' have come with Transynd fluid? My guess is no from reading in other posts that they upgraded to Transynd.

If the previous owner had switched to Transynd, would there be anyway to know?
Nomad Mike,
If your coach had been equipped from factory with Transynd, it would have a sticker, pasted right close the dipstick handle. In that era, no MH3000 Allison trannies came with Transynd. They all were equipped with Dexron III. As another poster stated, the Allison 2000 models DID come equipped with Transynd.

As far as trying to tell if you've got Transynd or not, the only real way is to take a sample and send it to a lab. If the previous owner changed over to Transynd and, did not document it, then you're still going to have to take or send a sample to a lab. They're both red and smell the same. I converted mine to Transynd a couple of years ago at a price of about $250.00 at the time. I can never remember his user name but there's a gent on here that's the only REAL PRO on Allisons and Transynd fluid. He's the go-to guy for ANY real questions on those two subjects. I'll look around for it and post it. He is by far, the reining authority on the characteristics of Transynd and just about any other ATF fluid.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Here is a link to the post from "Mr. Transynd"

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f125/form...eer-89293.html

Jim
onlakegaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

My 2005 Vectra with the CAT C7 and MH3000 DID come with Transynd from the factory (chassis built fall of 2004/coach built February 2005).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I have a 2005 Allison 2100MH. It came with Dexron.

In 2005 Allison offered a free extended warranty to any 2005 owner that had Allison change their fluid to TranSynd. I had mine changed by Allison and received the extended warranty. When Allison did my change over they affixed a TranSyd sticker in my engine area.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

So late last night (until 3:30am) I was reading the Allison and Freightliner manuals. Allison showed an extended service interval with Transynd while Freightliner said regardless of that use the once per year/12k service interval.

My confusion is in this sticker in the first photo. In the second photo there is a Dexron III sticker. Though now I see it is specific to the reservoir - is that for the HWH jacks and slide?

So either Freightliner did use TranSynd or someone changed it later.

I'm looking to schedule a first service on this 10 yo 56k mile rig without good records. Is the big service for Freightliner called an M3? What else chassis wise should I add to that?

I will probably have the trans done with fluid and filters and use Transynd. I will also get an analysis of eng, trans, and radiator.

Thanks for the help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0557.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	93461   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0558.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	93462  

Old 05-05-2015, 12:41 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
My 2005 Vectra with the CAT C7 and MH3000 DID come with Transynd from the factory (chassis built fall of 2004/coach built February 2005).
Yeah, when I went to Camp Freightliner a few years back they said '04 was the transition year. My '04 Vectra (late '03/early '04 chassis) has Dexron, a couple other owners in the class with Fall '04 chassis had Transynd.

Changing over to Transynd is on my to-do list at some point. And as others have said, it should be clearly labeled as to which you have.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 01:02 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

So in my picture, does that look like a Freightliner original or aftermarket sticker?
Old 05-05-2015, 01:35 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

The blue/white Transynd sticker looks like the one they gave me in the Camp Freightliner class to use if/when I changed over. I'd suspect it's factory, but just my guess.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Mike View Post
So late last night (until 3:30am) I was reading the Allison and Freightliner manuals. Allison showed an extended service interval with Transynd while Freightliner said regardless of that use the once per year/12k service interval.

My confusion is in this sticker in the first photo. In the second photo there is a Dexron III sticker. Though now I see it is specific to the reservoir - is that for the HWH jacks and slide?

So either Freightliner did use TranSynd or someone changed it later.

I'm looking to schedule a first service on this 10 yo 56k mile rig without good records. Is the big service for Freightliner called an M3? What else chassis wise should I add to that?

I will probably have the trans done with fluid and filters and use Transynd. I will also get an analysis of eng, trans, and radiator.

Thanks for the help
The reservoir in the right hand photo with the Dexron III sticker is the hydraulic fluid reservoir for power steering, etc. (including hydraulic engine fan for some side radiator rigs). It has nothing to do with the transmission (or the jacks and/or slides).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:02 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
The reservoir in the right hand photo with the Dexron III sticker is the hydraulic fluid reservoir for power steering, etc. (including hydraulic engine fan for some side radiator rigs). It has nothing to do with the transmission (or the jacks and/or slides).
Chris is spot-on. If you have the blue Transynd sticker on the left side of the hydraulic reservoir, then I'd bet 99% it came from the factory with Transynd. Worst case is someone converted it, so keep using it.

You can verify this 100% by calling Freightliner. Give them your VIN and they can verify what was put in it from the factory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:57 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

In the early 200#s they changed over.. So if your RV is a 200# you need to read the stickers and documentation.

My 2005 far as I know has the standard ATF

I see someone's 2002 is Transynd

Around 2007 as I recall most all came with Transynd.

Tags
allison, transmission