Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Dining Chairs

I usually sit at our dining table in the evening. Although only 7 years old, the chairs for our 38' Adventurer are miserably uncomfortable. They feel like a spring is coming right through the cushion.

Has anybody refurbished their chairs with new foam? I'd prefer that to buying new chairs for cost reasons if nothing else. Suggestions and advice appreciated.

Janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2004 Itasca Horizon and those dining table chairs were the worse. I tried everything, padding extra support- no help. Ended up buying 2 new one from Garden city that were on sale for $50 each. Fair enough!
dogwood bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

That may be just where we go. We have dining chairs at home that are really comfy, and my DH points out that they're not in use when we're on the road. So, we may just move a couple of them to the MH. If that's what we do, I'll probably open these up to see if a new foam pad makes any difference. From your experience, sounds unlikely!

I don't believe that solid wood chairs with zero pad could be this uncomfortable. How hard would it have been for Winnebago to make a better choice. I doubt these were any cheaper than others would have been.

Janjanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

go to over stock . com found four chairs out of hundreds great prices fast delivery good deals!! good luck.

--------------------------------------
dan & cathy 07 8.1 36' fleet wood terra lx
teera travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Ditto on the chairs in my 2005 Horizon, I found a couple that were pretty comfortable at a garage sale. I also looked on Craig's list I love to shop at thrift stores. Never know when you will bump into that perfect pair.

Don, WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

It depends on the foam. There are several densities available.
When we recovered our dinette cushions we got a pretty high density foam and it feels much better.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We used office chairs

We picked two black office chairs which were on sale for $39.00 each. They rotate, move up and down, recline and rock, and roll around. We use them for watching tv as well. They are comfortable, warm, durable and cheap. We use bungee cords and coffee cup hooks under the dinette to secure them while traveling

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote