Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-21-2020, 08:01 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Diesel Fuel

Hi everyone, since fuel is so low right now 2.34 here in FL, I was wondering if I buy a tank 100 gal. How can I protect it? I mean I really don’t see us going anywhere soon like a few months. I’m afraid of water or contamination.
Thank you.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:35 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003HEP64Q..._KYTDEbNM8E6F6

Diesel kleen 1 qt treats 100 gal
Old 03-22-2020, 04:35 AM   #3
'12 I.Ellipse 450 ISL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItascaJoe View Post
Hi everyone, since fuel is so low right now 2.34 here in FL, I was wondering if I buy a tank 100 gal. How can I protect it? I mean I really don’t see us going anywhere soon like a few months. I’m afraid of water or contamination.
Thank you.
How much is the price of the 100 gal tank? how many times can you use it before prices go back up and it's no longer cost effective?
If you only use it once add the price of the 100 gal tank to the price of the 100 gal of fuel and divide by 100. The Investment will pay for itself the more you use it, but just how many times will you use it before prices go back up?
Just something to consider.
Do you have enough land to store it safely? If you have an HOA do they allow it? Does your city allow it? I'm just asking because in my city every time I turn around there's an ordinance against something or the need of a permit.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I understand what you're saying. Thanks
Old 03-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Being from farm background and knowing how much storing fuel involves, I would look for other methods to save some money, Just lots of small things that add to the trouble involved. Getting fuel delivered is okay but then one needs a way to get it from the tank to the point of use. Use for only an RV seems more trouble than I would want.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, fuel