Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Does anyone have a guess where Winnebago might have hid the diagnostic port under the dash on the Freightliner chassis on a 2004 Meridian? My dash instruments have gone dead 3 times since 2004, a FL shop charged me for 4 hrs labor and couldn't find the problem, and now Gaffney wants me to find the port to see if the Trip Tek is wired into it and might be causing the trouble. The gauges usually come back on anywhere from a few minutes to two days. I called Winnebago, which FL suggested, but all they will say is "It could have been put anywhere during assembly-we have no way of knowing, look at our wiring diagram on the Internet". But all that shows is that the wiring is there, not the location of it under the dash. Thanks for any input.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Does anyone have a guess where Winnebago might have hid the diagnostic port under the dash on the Freightliner chassis on a 2004 Meridian? My dash instruments have gone dead 3 times since 2004, a FL shop charged me for 4 hrs labor and couldn't find the problem, and now Gaffney wants me to find the port to see if the Trip Tek is wired into it and might be causing the trouble. The gauges usually come back on anywhere from a few minutes to two days. I called Winnebago, which FL suggested, but all they will say is "It could have been put anywhere during assembly-we have no way of knowing, look at our wiring diagram on the Internet". But all that shows is that the wiring is there, not the location of it under the dash. Thanks for any input.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
Old 08-04-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

With the back pulled off the dash, the Trip Tek computer is right out in the open. Could you follow the wiring from the Trip Tek back to the port?
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:56 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

If they are referring to the gray, rounded plug identical to the one in the engine bay, mine is just to the left of the brake pedal on the firewall close to the floor. You will have to dig around in the mass of wires to find it.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

On my 2004 Meridian 36G it's located against the firewall, straight in from the top of the footrest on the left of the steering column. It was very hard to see as it's behind (forward) of a couple of large bundles of wires.

Paul
ppeter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Thanks all - I'll look again around the steering column. I didn't know whether it would be hanging loose in all the gobs of wiring or mounted solid like it is at the rear. The reason I took the front off the dash was I thought i would be able to follow the wiring, but as it goes down the far left side of the dash toward the floor I lose it in all the other stuff and wires.I can see where it goes down but can't find it again after I get back down on the floor. Maybe with the help of DW yanking the wires from the top while I lay on the floor I can find it that way. But if I can find the port even if the Trip Tek isn't wired into it maybe that will help FL do further over-the-phone diagnosis.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G
Old 08-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

ppeter313 - Does your diagnostic port have anything plugged into it? Do you have Trip Tek on your coach? I've tried to follow the wires from the Trip Tek down to the point under the dash to see if its plugged into the port, but I lose it in all the wads of wires and air ducting by the time I get down by the steering column . Thanks.
Wagonmaster2
2004 Meridian 36G