Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2005 Adventurer (35A) and the "W" decals underneath the lettering "Adventurer" on the sides are getting brown patches of discoloration. Anyone else having this problem or having a solution??
Pauline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2005 Adventurer (35A) and the "W" decals underneath the lettering "Adventurer" on the sides are getting brown patches of discoloration. Anyone else having this problem or having a solution??
Pauline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have had this problem with my 01 jouney.I have treid alot of waxes and cleaners.the one that i found to work the best for discoloring and works good is STAR BRITE liquid rubbing compound for medium oxidation. then follow it up with STAR BRITE spray way all my decals look new I compound and waxed my unit with star brite over the 4th of july weekend and it still looks good I hope this helps you. I found star brite at (auto-zone)or there website is www.starbrite.com

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:48 AM   #4

I am a HUGE advocate of using a cover...especially in the high altitude up here. I have seen 2 year old motorhomes that were uncovered and their graphics already are discolored and paint that is fading. We use the ADCO with TyVek cover and when we remove it for our trips, our paint and graphics look as new as the day we bought it.

I dont know if you have full body paint, or gelcaot but we don't use car wax on decals as the wax will dry out the decals. Use Protect-All if you want to protect them.
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

star-Brite is used to restore fiber glass and decals on boats and Motorhome. (protect-All) didnt work for me and this is my 3rd Motorhome I have never heard you shouldnt wax your Motorhome it is to big of a investment just to let go.

Celebration Florida
Ron and Patti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pauline:
I have a 2005 Adventurer (35A) and the "W" decals underneath the lettering "Adventurer" on the sides are getting brown patches of discoloration. Anyone else having this problem or having a solution?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you get to the point where you have to replace the decals, Mobility RV stocks all of the decals. Haven't bought from them personally but know a friend who has.
RVJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
KIX
Winnebago Master

I'm Ron and Joan's friend and have bought recently from Mobility RV. They're good to deal with and they have OEM decals and graphics.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2001 Suncuiser and also just recently replaced some decals from Mobility. Excellent people to deal with. I had a local body shop do the removal/replacement and they were impressed with the decals I brought them.

Workhorse Chassis
Norm3206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

One other option is to remove the decals and leave them off. They come off fairly easy, I used a newer product from 3M . I removed the majority of my W and vectra decals. IMO our coach looks better without all the decals.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:48 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone painted the old decals with an automotive paint? Some people say you cannot and some say you can if done correctly.

Comments?

David
2002 W-22 266"wb, Winnebago Chieftain 39T, UltraPower, Koni's, Helwig bars, Nuvi 660, Sirius, Scan Gauge II, Sentry TM. 2003 LW300 Saturn toad, Sterling towbar & Apollo brake. And Hannah the Princess and Stevie the Dude!
Daysu47 is offline   Reply With Quote