Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2022, 02:55 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxel7851 View Post
This is why I asked the question on this great source of information. So many great opinions. I’m going to bypass the leak test. On a side note, the dealer also offered to check the propane equipment for correct flame operation. Wouldn’t that be better checked in the spring in case spiders got inside. It seems they just toss things out there to bring in more service income.
This is an extremely easy DIY project. It might take you all of 10 min.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 02:58 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
The initial leak I knew of___ the source of the leak was approx. 20' from where I found water inside the trailer.
This is the one good reason I can see for the pressurized leak test. The other "leaks" they found may have only been air leaks and water may never have been a problem but I admit they could have gotten worse at some point.

There's no substitute for periodic inspection of all sealings, renewing them as necessary.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 05:37 PM   #23
2002 Journey WPK36GD

Propane leaks do happen

I did have a propane leak summer of 2021 on the way to the UP of Michigan. We were enroute and staying at a Harvest Host site. We stopped at a rest area 50 miles south of the overnight site: Wife says "Is smell propane outside". I did a quick check and found nothing. When we stopped at the HH site for the night I thought I got a whiff of propane but then it was gone. Next morning the wind was calm when I went outside and I smelled propane pretty strong. I carefully checked the propane tank area with some soapy water and lots pf bubbles at a right angle fitting cantilevered out at the regulator. I called a mobile tech and he came out within an hour and found a fitting that was discolored (like in it had been cracked for a long time). He went to a local hardware and returned with parts and had the issue fixed in 20 minutes - total bill was less than $300. I was on my way in less that 3 hours. So - Yes, propane leaks do occur somewhat spontaneously. My unit is a 2002 Journey.
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 02:33 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

If they pressurized my Forza they would go crazy . The amount of floor deck that is cut to run water lines and electric is alot . With a pressure test what are they looking for ? Roof ,cab ,house ,windows ? I just check roof seal when up there or waxing coach . Sound like a money maker to me .
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, leak, leaks, seal