Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Cool De-winterizing

Bought 2016 Sunova 33c in November from CW and they winterized it. It has a ice maker filter under the sink and when I removed it a little pink stuff came out. Also there was pink stuff in ice trays-how do you clean those out? Do I need a new filter and when winterizing and de-winterizing do I remove it so as not to fill with antifreeze? Can water go through the line when removed so I can flush through to ice maker?
chickenman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman05 View Post
Bought 2016 Sunova 33c in November from CW and they winterized it. It has a ice maker filter under the sink and when I removed it a little pink stuff came out. Also there was pink stuff in ice trays-how do you clean those out? Do I need a new filter and when winterizing and de-winterizing do I remove it so as not to fill with antifreeze? Can water go through the line when removed so I can flush through to ice maker?
the pink anti-freeze is vegetable based, non-toxic and can be consumed without harm...although I wouldn't recommend it. so just clean your ice trays with hot water and soap.

as for the filter...replace it before you flush the linesas you'll never get all of the residual pink stuff out of the filter and thus never get all of it out of that line. you should have been given a cap that seals the filter connection and allows the line to be flushed (or even used without a filter). if you don't have one contact your selling or any dealer for a replacement.

btw, the shop who did the work should have removed the filter and capped the connection BEFORE winterizing. our coach has two water filters and I remove, discard and cap the connections before sending the pink stuff thru the lines. leaving the filters in place doesn't hurt anything but it causes you to use more pink stuff.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:05 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Rich, I thought I read somewhere that when filter is removed a spring loaded valve in housing closes but can't verify where I saw it. I'm kinda of a cheap ass and do it myself type and don't want to throw money away that I could spend on having fun or whiskey. The ice trays don't come out to clean-looks like they are part of the whole assembly. I should know better, most shops would remove the unit but I'm dealing with CW that's 350 miles away and my cheap ass over rode my sensibility to get something for free as part of the deal.
chickenman05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter