Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-24-2021, 04:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

De winterize

I have the 2018 2401RG TT. How do I de winterize it? I don’t have a clue and never knew I might have to by pass a values. Need help Please. Thank you
Shani
samm66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 04:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

When it gets warm enough, fill your water tank. Then turn the water pump on and flush the antifreeze out by opening each fixture, hot and cold as well as the toilet. Then reset the bypass valves near the water heater to their nomal position.

There are two ways to rig the bypass valves. One with three valves requires you to open each valve in and out of the hot water heater and close the bypass valve. The other with three way valves requires you to just turn the in and out valve 1/4 turn.

Either way, after opening/closing the valves with the water pump on, it will fill the hot water tank and you will be ready to go. Don't turn the hot water tank on until it is full, ie you are getting water out of a hot water fixture.

David
Old 12-24-2021, 04:40 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Do I have to do it under the sink valves or just out side? No one told me about any valves so I’m lost. I will be doing this next week on my own and I just have now clue what I’m doing total newbie first time camping headed to NC next Friday.
Old 12-24-2021, 06:11 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

You just open every valve, hot or cold, whether it is inside or out, for a few seconds to let the fresh water flush out the antifreeze.

David
Old 12-24-2021, 07:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Samm, if whoever winterized your rig sucked the antifreeze into you system didn’t turn the valve back next to your pump be sure and check that is set in right position. You will know when you try and pump fresh water into your pipes and if nothing happens this valve may be in wrong setting. It’s usually a small plastic valve with a hose attached to suck in the antifreeze. There are plenty of online instructions if you have an issue. Good luck, Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

thank you i’ll try when i get further south to north carolina
Old 12-24-2021, 11:52 AM   #7
Site Team

As with most things... YouTube is your friend:

Old 01-03-2022, 07:15 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

If you have a 2018 RV it should have came with a owners manual, and this manual should explain the winterization and de-winterization process. If for some reason you did not get this manual a quick e-mail to [email protected] or a call to (800) 537-1885, and you should be able to get a pdf of the manual e-mailed to you.

An important part of the de-winterization process also includes sanitizing of your fresh water system.

The You Tube Video @creativepart sent you is good information as well. I do however question opening the WH Bypass while the antifreeze is still in the system as any antifreeze in the fresh water system will be pumped into the WH tank when you open a HW faucet. I always push all the pink stuff out of the system before opening the WH bypass valve. Just my way of doing things.

Tags
winter