Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-10-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Cup holder issues Winnebago View

Always there's something...
This is no big deal, but frustrating. The cup holder/ ash tray in our Winnebago View will not retract. It's as if something is holding it back. Has anyone else run into this? Can't even figure out how to remove it. Help!
Darlene
Catskillgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:18 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Mine seemed a bit clunky (hanging up) as well. I think from memory that the expanding and internal plastic was getting hung up on dust / milkshake (PO). A good cleaning and a dry lube for the plastic sliding parts should help. I would use the dry teflon spray recommended for the slide.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Cup holder issues

Thanks Mike for the reply.
We checked it out and it looks clean. The retractable cup holder slides in easily. The whole unit feels like its hitting something solid once we push it about half way in. My Husband is trying now to figure out how to remove the whole thing.
Any ideas on that.?
Catskillgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:50 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Check to see that a coin or FOD has not gotten jammed in or behind the sliding tray. We had a coin flip up and lay up between the tray and the frame. It would not fully close and was hard to move.

Wracking my Crow brain to remember how I got the tray out.
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I did a google search and found this rt hand drive.
https://youtu.be/RWAaUemGw-s
I might run down and look at mine to check it out tomorrow. Not really sure this is a good fit. Hard on a regular sized iPhone.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Owens View Post
I did a google search and found this rt hand drive.
https://youtu.be/RWAaUemGw-s
I might run down and look at mine to check it out tomorrow. Not really sure this is a good fit. Hard on a regular sized iPhone.
Well that video doesn't apply to anything... but don't take the screws out above for the radio and battery parallel switches. Big mistake... I thought for sure there would be access from above and there is not. I think after popping the two switches out of the bracket I can hold the backing inplace to put screws back in. Not today I'm tired and cranky...
Old 12-20-2018, 06:45 AM   #7
bkg
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskillgal View Post
The cup holder/ ash tray in our Winnebago View will not retract. It's as if something is holding it back. Has anyone else run into this? Can't even figure out how to remove it. Help!
Darlene
I have similar operational issue with the cup holder slide. I thought at first I had something jammed, however, I had simply just opened it and went to close it when it hit some sort of stop.
I pulled the tray out again and proceeded to push back in and it again hit a stop but this time when it hit the stop I pushed harder - that did it. It seems the mechanism of the tray has a position cantilever, it is what makes the cup holder fold in so the tray can continue to fit in the drawer.

All that explanation just to say, try pushing in a little harder. It worked for me.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Lots of moving parts in there for that mechanism to function. I don't have one but have had similar pieces in other vehicles. The more I used it, the better it worked. Probably just "grinding" (couldn't think of a better word this early) the individual parts so the mesh better.
DariusB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago