Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2000 Winnebago 35U with the ford V-10 triton engine. I
called the Winnebago service # about the recall on the cruise control
module and they told me to call Ford Motor CO and gave me thier 800#
(1-800-444-3311). I called and the woman I talked to was very
helpful. I gave her my VIN# and she looked it up and said the recall
had not been done on my coach. She asked me where I was located and
said she would call back with the information on where to take the
coach. After 20 minutes she called me back and gave me the name of a
Dealer near me. She stated they had 23 units in stock. I called the
dealer and the gentilman I spoke with on the phone said they had the parts in stock and to bring the coach in anytime. I took the coach in and when I went to the Service Department. The gentilman I spoke with there said they did not have the part in stock and didnt know when it would be in. I called Ford Motor co. back and the lady I spoke with told me she would call me right back. She called back in a matter of minutes and stated that the dealer did in fact have the parts and gave me the name of someone to talk to. It took about 20 minutes and I was on my way with the recall done. Of note here is that most of the service dept guys were not aware of the parts being in stock. They later also stated that the parts in stock were for class A motorhomes and that the parts for the class C motorhomes they definitly did not have in and didnt know when they would be in. I would like to give kudos to the lady from Ford Motor Co as she was very helpful to begin with and also about the misunderstanding on the part of the dealer.
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2000 Winnebago 35U with the ford V-10 triton engine. I
called the Winnebago service # about the recall on the cruise control
module and they told me to call Ford Motor CO and gave me thier 800#
(1-800-444-3311). I called and the woman I talked to was very
helpful. I gave her my VIN# and she looked it up and said the recall
had not been done on my coach. She asked me where I was located and
said she would call back with the information on where to take the
coach. After 20 minutes she called me back and gave me the name of a
Dealer near me. She stated they had 23 units in stock. I called the
dealer and the gentilman I spoke with on the phone said they had the parts in stock and to bring the coach in anytime. I took the coach in and when I went to the Service Department. The gentilman I spoke with there said they did not have the part in stock and didnt know when it would be in. I called Ford Motor co. back and the lady I spoke with told me she would call me right back. She called back in a matter of minutes and stated that the dealer did in fact have the parts and gave me the name of someone to talk to. It took about 20 minutes and I was on my way with the recall done. Of note here is that most of the service dept guys were not aware of the parts being in stock. They later also stated that the parts in stock were for class A motorhomes and that the parts for the class C motorhomes they definitly did not have in and didnt know when they would be in. I would like to give kudos to the lady from Ford Motor Co as she was very helpful to begin with and also about the misunderstanding on the part of the dealer.
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
Old 02-23-2008, 04:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

CODGERBILL: Great post I will pursue this same avenue since I am being told they do not have the repair parts and do not know when they will get them. They always tell me I am on their call list when they come in.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:07 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Homer,
As you may have gathered from my post, calling Ford Motor co is the way to go. I talked with a couple dealers and they all seemed cluless about when parts would be in. The Lady I talked with at Ford was VERY helpful and seemed concerned too. She did all the work in chasing down the dealer closest to me that had the parts in stock. The only fau pau I made was when I called the dealer I did not get the name of the gentilman I spoke to. I live and learn.
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler
Old 02-23-2008, 07:29 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thank you for the post and the information. I need to do the same but am waiting till spring and when all the snow is gone.
As always it is good to have that extra information.

Thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 10:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

This is the first i have heard about this recall. How did you hear about it and does it include all Ford V-10 Tritons? What is wrong that is causing the recall?
jimo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Jimo3,

Im not sure of the years regarding the recall. It concerns a module regarding the cruise control that could overheat and cause a fire..I think some of the vehicles are mid 90's to at least the 2002 models. For a more specific answer you can call the 800# (1-800-444-3311) and have your VIN# handy. They will tell you about any recalls involving thier products and if your vehicle has had the work done by a prior owner.
Chocolate lab (Buster)
2007 Jeep Wrangler