Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Control Box

We're having a minor issue with a couple of our 'extras' that we can live with, but would rather find a solution to the problem(s). Our key fobs will not work the door/compartment locks -- worked without a problem until my DW decided to reprogram the entry touch-pad ??? Now, we can work the locks with the dash and entry way switches, but not the remotes?

Second 'problem' - our spotlight worked with the remote and now won't turn, tilt, or light?

I'm sure there are control boxes and by disconnecting the power I could reset the circuit boards -- question is, where can I find them?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have the same problem with our key fobs on our 09 40TD. (And, by reading other posts it seems like a common problem. Plus, the mfgr is out of business.) First, we changed batteries. Then, DH identified the location of the reset button. It's supposed to be behind a fuse panel in the front street side bay. But, we've yet to get beyond that.

We're eager to hear what you discover about this. Thanks for posting.

Mary
Old 02-20-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

This earlier thread contains info on re-programming: How to reprogram my Keyless Entry

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

John .... Chris already provided the solution for getting the FOBs to work again. The same applies to the spot light. When the chassis battery power is removed, the spot light looses the remote control security key. The instructions that came with the coach tell you how the reprogram that again.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Sounds like you need a small back-up battery to cover that "brain" circuit; what a pain each time you shut off the chassis battery.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Mary, Chris, and Harry -- removed the door screws and found the module. Pushed the 'yellow button' still a no go -- will have to try the ignition switch routine and I'll report back. And the 'fun' continues...
Old 02-25-2010, 10:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

If the key pad does not light up when you press any button it has lost power and that will affect the remotes. If you remove the key pad and disconnect the wires for about 60 seconds it should restore power to the key pad. That should restore function to the key pad and may also allow the remotes to work. I have found that if, when troubleshooting the system, you use the key pad too much in a short period of time it gets cranky and shuts down.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Remote entry

I had the same problem once and then I remembered the I had turned off the chassis electrical switch to check some wiring to hwh unit. None of the remote stuff worked until I switched it back on.

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote