Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-14-2022, 11:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Confused: Winnebago Kwikee Level Best 3000 replacement leveler

2007 W24 Winnebago 35L

I had the misfortune of my Winnebago Kwikee Level Best 3000 'hydraulic' levelers falling off of a set of made 2x4-2x6 wooden pads - the rear drivers side leveler is now bent, both outward and the foot pad bent as well.

The replacement levelers found via search seem to be purely electric, not hydraulic, just 2 wires going to what appears to be exactly the same jack/leveler, assuming each has a built in hydraulic pump - $1370 + shipping - see picture via link.

https://www.etrailer.com/p-LC359278....model=W-Series

My levelers have hydraulic lines going from a central pump/reservoir (behind the drivers seat outside) to TOP and BOTTOM of leveler, but with same/similar Winnebago auto level electric controller as above systems.

Replacement levelers appear to be an unbolt and bolt back on solution with just 2 wires no hydraulic lines at all.

"Lippert Replacement Atlas Jack for Kwikee Level Best Hydraulic Leveling System - 10,000 lbs" also pictures show 'Power Level' and 'Power Gear' on leg.

These 2 wire all electric are NOT the correct replacement parts for the "Kwikee Level Best 3000 'hydraulic' levelers" !! even when stated as being such !

Thus confused, Is this really the only replacement for these levelers, not the original hydraulic ?

My workaround will be to take the single bad, but still functioning leveler off and bending/replacing the flat mount plate with holes and the bent bottom big foot, foot will need to be cut off and re-welded or hopefully just a unbolt?, there are 10.5" replacements that would work too - ~$97 ea, they have 1 bolt to attach, not sure about mine yet.

Any first hand replacement/repair Insights ???
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 12:47 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

These are like my levelers, notice the upper and lower red caps on hydraulic connections !

Unlike the levelers in the video of original post.

I can not seem to find any replacement levelers, thus the HELP post !!

Thanks !
Old 11-15-2022, 06:48 AM   #3
Site Team

Why not call eTrailer and ask them. Seems like an easy answer.

Also, if you remove your bent jacks and take them to a hydraulic shop they may be able to make them like new again, or at least serviceable.

PS. “2007 W24 Winnebago 35L” doesn’t really tell us what RV you are asking about. W24 is the chassis, 35L is either the length or the floor plan but what model do you mean?
Old 11-15-2022, 08:34 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

The two wires are for the jacks Up/Down sensor. Hard to see in the photo but there are black plugs on the side of the jack near the top and the bottom for the hydraulic lines.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Does Atlas Jack Have Plugs on Cylinder for Connecting to Hydraulic System?

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 05:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I certainly do not see any hydraulic connections, at any angle, all others that I have seen stick out a bit for attachment not flush, none in vid or other pics, thus the confusion.

thks anyway.
Old 11-15-2022, 10:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingSimon View Post
I certainly do not see any hydraulic connections, at any angle, all others that I have seen stick out a bit for attachment not flush, none in vid or other pics, thus the confusion.

thks anyway.
Presumably some sort of fitting has to be screwed into the jack which would also connect to the hydraulic tubing.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 05:55 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Perhaps this is why Level Best operating guide says to use only one 2x board under their jacks.
BTW never raise the read wheels off the ground, that is the only parking brake. Raising them off the ground allows the coach to move, as you found out.

Hopefully the service manual will have information you need.

The 2 wires attached to the top are the jacks up sensor only. Everything else is hydraulic.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 05:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hello, I have the same system on my RV. The jacks are hydraulic, there is a hose fitting at the top and at the bottom. The wires are for the 'up' sensor.
I don't think you will be successful attempting a repair.

I suggest you contact Lippert, they usually have new jacks in stock that bolt right on.

I had to replace 2 that had seal failures. There are a few shops out there that you may want to talk to, depending on where you live.
Mikeknapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 06:04 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Local Hydraulic Shop

Call around and find a local hydraulic shop. I had severe pitting on one shaft in the seal area when I had all four of ours rebuilt. The local shop was able 9easily) to fabricate a new shaft/rod. I had all four rebuilt for about the cost of one new replacement cylinder!
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, fuse, kwikee, replace, replacement, winnebago