Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Code reader location

Anybody know where the plugin is in my Sunstar 26He V10 to read what a check engine light might be? Can’t find it under the dash.
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Code readers are usually located under the dash near the steering column. Might want to bring your unit to an auto parts store like Auto Zone or Oreillys that does code reading for free. I'm confident that they'll find it. Best of luck.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:02 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

As indicated, it is under the dash, right of the steering column. If I remember correctly, there is a cap on the connector. I missed it the first time I was looking for it, so look carefully.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 09:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Found it

Thanks for the help everyone. I finally found the OBD plugin. Hidden up high on the steering colum on the right side. The guy at Autozone in Mesa AZ told me he couldn’t read it because it was a 21 pin connector. So, I just drive it home anyway as I knew I had oil pressure, no engine stumbled and shifting was fine. Got home and put on my magnifying readers and located it. It’s a standard OBDII TYPE A plugin connection so I’m not sure what the guy at Mesa AZ was referring to. I’m going to call my local Autozone and see if they can read it. I’m betting they can.

Thanks again.
Frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 07:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
The guy at Autozone in Mesa AZ told me he couldn’t read it because it was a 21 pin connector... It’s a standard OBDII TYPE A plugin connection ...so I’m not sure what the guy at Mesa AZ was referring to.

Thanks again.
You may be interested in purchasing one to these: UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center
It monitors engine parameters, fuel economy, trip gauge, trouble codes and many more.
I have one in each of my vehicle and RV.
Seon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat