Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-18-2023, 11:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Coarse adjustment on transit hanging mirrors?

Greetings
2004 Ultimate Advantage Q40k with the hanging mirrors (hang down from the top corners instead of sitting atop a perch).

The drivers side mirror won’t stay in position, regardless of how tightly I have the double nut on the hanging bolt. I realized that on the passenger side there is a small angle bracket (1/2”?) that screws into the bottom of the cradle the holds the mirrors arm to the RV. This abgle bracket is missing on the drivers side. I couldn’t find that as a part anywhere so I made my own, easy. When trying to install, the detents on the cradle that holds the mirrors arm is either too far forward (making the mirror blocked by the A-pillar), or it is too far back (making the mirror useless as it sits against the coach).

Does anyone have any knowledge of how to do a “coarse adjustment” that they talk about in the owners manual? I’ve looked all over and can’t find any info about it. I’m guessing maybe this is some sort of breakaway safety feature that had been utilized by the PO, but I just can’t figure out how to get it in a usable position. Driving 800 miles the other day with the mirror duct taped in place (1.5 rolls to get it to stay) was sun optimal

https://imgur.com/a/zq6e3VM
carlbradlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 05:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'd like the solution too. I had both mine replaced in 2013 because the motors were bad, and ever since my port-side mirror will not stay in place. i must drag out my step ladder and reposition the mirror head about every 200 miles.
I've tightened the 3 mounting bolts under the rubber boot until I'm hesitant to tighten further and break them, but that was useless.
I have my coarse adjustment set so I must view them through the windshield because when driving onto ferry boats they stuck out too far to the side.
There are several Ultimate owners on irv2.com but I've never though to ask this question, except one man, and his mirrors are the regular type mounted below the windshield level.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote