Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Coach loses air when parked....

I have a little problem...I noticed that lately when I park my coach somewhere without using the leveling jacks, the coach loses the air in the suspension in a day or two. Is this normal? Does anyone else have this problem? I don't remember it happening before.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Some will have the air leak gremlins it's not supposed to leak down but after time some start if it's quiet might hear where it coming from
Old 09-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

My rig will loose air noticeably on the front bags after 1-3 days. I would consider this to be within a normal tolerance. If you're concerned enough you could take a spray container with soapy water and spray the bags after you park. You should be able to see bubbles in the area of any leak.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I'm pretty much in the same position as you & Wardy. I lasts about 3 +/- days.
We've only had our coach about a year and it didn't start losing air until about 3 months ago. The tech told me that industry standard for acceptable leakage was bogus and I could go through with the soapy water to help find and eliminate the leaks, but they would probably be back.
I figured it wouldn't matter while we're traveling; almost always on pretty level ground and using the jacks with minimal air and we when store it it pretty much the same.
Good luck and let us know what you find.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Same problem in my 99 beaver. Didn't show up until I had the fuel tank dropped to fix a leaking line - that required pulling off a lot of the front suspension, and I wonder if it stressed the bags or the lines a bit and introduced a leak.

I found that I can backfill the system from my garage compressor using a double ended adapter at the fitting at the back of the coach. One of these days I'll keep air on it and try the soapy water trick.
VanDiemen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #6

Air bags or storage tanks?

Since you don't have anything in your post to indicate what the rig is........

Is it a Freightliner, Spartan, Workhorse? Does it have a complete air bag suspension or was this an add on?

If it's a truck chassis with air suspension you may want to start with your dump valves. Each storage tank will have one, probably with a pull lanyard somewhere to dump moisture out of the tanks.

I found replacements for my Freightliner chassis on eBay for less than $10 each.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Per the OP's profile it's a 2006 Itasca Meridian 36G (on a Freightliner chassis).

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

As stated above, it's not at all uncommon. Mine always has since new.

There is a small leakage somewhere but it's often considered not a big deal and not worth the trouble of finding and fixing.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote