Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #41
Winnie-Wise

Norm is right. Im not an engine builder but if something like a turbo grenades, there IS a reason for it. Kinda goes to show you though, even a reputable company like Cummins will stick their heads in the sand and hope the problem goes away. It's all about the $$$$$$

Sarge

Our Travel Blog www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickalaska
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #42
Winnebago Watcher

lucchese1-- Are you back on the road, & what cost, if any? Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #43
Winnebago Master

My guess is that this has gone to litigation and lucchese1 has been instructed to make no further posts. This is only a guess. He was really good on updates.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Hello, Sorry about not posting for a while but Jim was right that I was told to keep the posting details to a minimum until it was settled. I finally brought the coach home last Saturday(almost 4 Months), the new motor ran great coming home, I also had the overflow tank and hoses replaced since I had previous problems with them, it ran way cooler even through the desert at 100'it ran at 188/190' much better. I was sad to see my mileage fall back to 6.2mpg from 7 but there was a strong head wind most of the trip home I am sure that had some effect. Later when all the dust settles I will post a more complete explanation of this fiasco, witch did cost me more than I expected, but the coach has a new heart! Any one having a similar major engine problem in the near future email me @ [email protected] And I will contact you directly to give you advise based on my recent experience.

Thanks

Ben!

2005 40KD Horizon 400ISL
Lucchese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:39 AM   #45
Winnebago Master

Ben - glad your ordeal is finally concluded, but four months - WOW!

Sounds like there were some very deficient diagnostics early-on and then Cummins was working very hard trying to get by with as little expense as possible. I'm sure they are suffering with the rest of the economy, so this is understandable - not acceptable from a customer perspective, but understandable.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #46
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">then Cummins was working very hard trying to get by with as little expense as possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like a classic case of "Penny Wise and Pound Foolish." Cummins has too a big of base of customers out here that they don't want to make reluctant to buy another one. It was just the luck of the draw that I'm not one of them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote