Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I find water on the floor on the passenger side in the floor opening under the dash. I suspect it is some how coming from the air conditioner. Has anyone encountered this problem?
wahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I find water on the floor on the passenger side in the floor opening under the dash. I suspect it is some how coming from the air conditioner. Has anyone encountered this problem?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

You don't tell us what Winnebago coach you own, but I seriously doubt any water under the dash could be from the a/c system unless you are talking about dash air and you have a Class C. If that is the case, the drain line under the cab area is likely plugged and all you need to do is roll underneath, find the rubber drain tube, and clear it out by rolling it around in your fingers or by pushing a small wire up the tube until you get wet. The same problem is not all that unusual in cars either. (Class A gas owners ...is this a possibility with a Class A gas chassis just like it is on a car?) If it is not a Class C, the water is most likely a water leak from the outside, probably around the windshield.
Old 07-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum. I see from your profile that you have a 2001 Itasca 35U.

I am sure someone with a similar rig will offer some advice.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:32 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the replies. I have a Itasca Suncruiser 2001 35U. The floor on the passenger side has an opening under the dash where you can put your feet. In the front orcoach front of the opening is a blower motor and a grill opening I think is the air return. I put a towel there and with the AC running on a 3 hour trip the towel was soaked. I have looked at the the drain tube underneath and water is coming out. This is a workhorse chassis.The trip was on a sunny day, no rain.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:23 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The airconditioner system is installed by the coach manufacturer. Have you tried running the coach air instead to see if the water problem is still present?

2005 Honda Pilot Toad
r2dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:40 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Our last MH on a Ford Chasis did the same thing. The drain was fine, however the housing for the AC coils was not insulated and condensation would form around this housing and drip on the DW feet. Not just a drop but a LOT. We did the same thing, kept a towel on the flor to absorb the water. I was going to insulate the housing, but traded the coach for our current one.

2003 Honda Element (toad)
Florida Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:31 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

You might want to check to see if you have a leak in your heater core. There were some problems with them for a period of time. A search on Irv2.com should bring up a lot of information on this problem.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:23 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wahf:
I find water on the floor on the passenger side in the floor opening under the dash. I suspect it is some how coming from the air conditioner. Has anyone encountered this problem? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It happened to us when DW put a bunch of stuff in the recess and restricted the air flow. She put a Trailer Life campground guide and some other stuff under there. It soaked the guide. After clearing it out we have not had a reoccurrence.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:18 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I just got back from a long trip on the Blue ridge parkway. I placed my laptop under that area in it had condensation all over it. When I open the hood area I also see water dripping out of the ac box (plastic black) is this normal? My area does not get soaked, but enough to make me concerned. suncruiser 33v 2006.
peter griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:42 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wahf:
Thanks for the replies. I have a Itasca Suncruiser 2001 35U. The floor on the passenger side has an opening under the dash where you can put your feet. In the front orcoach front of the opening is a blower motor and a grill opening I think is the air return. I put a towel there and with the AC running on a 3 hour trip the towel was soaked. I have looked at the the drain tube underneath and water is coming out. This is a workhorse chassis.The trip was on a sunny day, no rain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to Winnebago's web site the Ford Chassis was the only one available above the 32V in 2001.

Mine has condensate sweating from the outside of the plastic blower housing under the dash. Canadian Customs even made a comment about it last time I went through. It looked like a cold glass on a humid day.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was wondering if condensation is the problem. I'll check that on the next trip this Wed. I spoke to the prior owner and he told me the heater blower was noisy last Dec. and the dealer reomved the blower and replaced it. Maybe some insulation was removed and not rplaced at that time. He also told me he never ran the AC on MAX AC, always wanted fresh air and stored the campground books in the recess. Wonder if that is why he didn't see the problem, the air return is in that recess.

NeilV - I think sometime midyear 2001 Winnebago must have added the Workhorse W20. Their brochure had it as an option that was available later in 2001.