Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-06-2023, 05:44 AM   #21
Winnie-Wise

DK I think you nailed it. I would have loved to have kept my pines had they been at a different , and beneficial location on my property. They were young (they grow like kudzu here) and they could not have been located in a worse place for me. But the continuing problems and risks were too much.

I love trees but when they built this house - and many others around this region- they did not clear the property- only the pad for the house and driveway. Our lot was initially too heavily forested with young, scrappy and somewhat sickly trees. That left a lot of poorly placed homes in this area relative to the natural landscape. Something had to give. I also had 3 beautiful oaks too close to the driveway and house, I really wanted to keep. I could live with the oak leaves around the rig. But after around $10K in damage from driveway heaves from large roots, disease, and roof and gutter damage they had to go. Fortunately I have been able to retain and enhance my trees in the rear (with the exception of the drain field area).

But each of us will have different settings and landscapes to work with and around as we live with our RV's and homes. Just gotta hit the right balance!
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof