Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone had problems with the dash cigarette lighter and passenger side 12volt socket not functioning.
I checked and replaced the fuse that said it was for the lighter but still no power. Also replaced a few other fuse's in the same area just in case it was mislabeled.

2004 Adventurer 33' W20 03Chassis, 4 Koni's, Ultrapower/Taylor Wires
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone had problems with the dash cigarette lighter and passenger side 12volt socket not functioning.
I checked and replaced the fuse that said it was for the lighter but still no power. Also replaced a few other fuse's in the same area just in case it was mislabeled.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

... Bob, funny you should have that problem. I had the same occurance. Checked under the dash fuses, checked under the hood fuses. All were good. Traced the wireing to a connector .. checked the connector ... still no cig lighter. Went on line to Winnebago and scoured the wiring diagrams, found the wires, traced them, tested them .. all to no avail. Was totally furstrated. Left the project for the next day .. all of a sudden .. it was working. Go figure. I know this no consollation to you .. but it completely baffeled me at the time. Let us know what you find out. My RV has a Workhorse chassis .. if that makes a difference.

2001 Adventurer 32V
FrankieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

BobD, had a similar problem, and found that I had accidently turn of the Aux. switch by the entry. You might check that if nothing else works.

W22 Chassis and 8.1 Vortec
RVAITOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:49 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I was not sure where the dash 12 volt socket was powered from...sounds like it is connected to the aux batteries, not the vehicle battery...is that correct

2004 Adventurer 38G
J Stemler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Lift up your dash, you'll see a Workhorse fuse box and a Winnie fusebox. The lower right hand fuse in the Winnie fuse box is 20A. That runs the RV Radio, cigarette lighters, drivers electric window, and powers the HWH Jacks control panel. I don't know why Winnie loaded so many things on that fuse, but they did. Try completely replacing that 20A fuse with another one. (Or at least put an ohm meter on the old fuse to prove it's good; they often "look fine" but are blown.)
Old 10-04-2006, 02:14 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Bob are your house batt's on or off I have a 2000 Adveturer and if the house batt switch is off mine will not work turn it on and they do

hope this helps
Mark
Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #8

The 12v outlets in my coach (cigar lighter and aux. plug in on passenger side) are disconnected when the house battery switch is off. Took me awhile to figure that out!

On the other hand, my cigar lighter blows fuses when I push it in, but everthing else (GPS, power inverter for laptop, etc) works off of it ok.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 02:51 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all who responded to my orginial post.
I went through everything today checked the fuses/replaced them and made sure that the house batteries were on and even started the motorhome engine but still have the same problem no power to the cigarette lighter and the 12 volt plug next to the passengers seat.
I'm baffled now any other ideas welcomed.
I guess I will add it to my list for the warranty work next month.
I just thought I could fix it quickly enough however no luck.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:58 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

BobD On my 2005 Voyage there are two fuse blocks a lower one and a upper one, the upper one has about 4 or 5 big fuses. The one on right powers my dash cigarette lighter and right side 12 volt socket it is 30 amp.I hope this may help.

Carl 2005 Voyage 33' W20Chassis
toad 2006 VUE

2011 Honda CRV
CarlLent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 03:36 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

On my 2003 Suncruiser I accidentaly blew a fuse on the power socket circuit when I was fiddling around behind the dash adding accessories. It's been a while but if I recall correctly, the fuse wasn't by the rest. It was on a separate smaller block under the dash near the far left corner. It was the same circuit as the map light. Try your map light. If it doesn't work, you've blown the map light fuse. Replace it and you should have power back at the receptacle.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:46 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Cruzer,
Thanks for the information/location of the fuse I changed it and it resoled my issue.
I also received an e-mail from Bryan Funke Service Administrator Lead of Winnebago Industries who sent me a diagram illustrating where he thought the problem fuse was located. He just happened to see my post on this forum and sent the e-mail help. Great company support.
As I stated before I appreciate the help from everyone on this forum. It sure helps to save money and time.