Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Change oil

Hello I just purchased a 2008 Sightseer. The oil was changed prior to my receiving it. I’ve driven maybe 200 miles and the change engine oil message is displayed. The dealer said I can reset. I’m struggling through the manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
pS I’m a first timer! Want to head out from Fl to Az ASAP for a Christmas with my daughter, first time in 7 years!
sguyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Not familiar with the Sightseer, what chassis/engine?
Old 12-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If you feel comfortable with the look of the oil on the dipstick after only 200 miles the oil should still have a clearish/golden color. I would look at the oil filter as well, is it new/clean as if it's been recently changed? This would support the decision to go ahead and reset the message, I would however move the oil change up on the maintenance list maybe change again after 2,000 to 3,000 miles. If you question anything at all I would go ahead and change it all out again for the piece of mind. Dealer could be mistaken that the oil change was done or it could be they just didn't do the reset after doing it.
workinrvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

In 2008 the Sightseers were either on a Workhorse Chassis or Ford Chassis each will have it's own owners manual where that information should be. It should be pretty easy to figure out which one you have.

Here is the link to the Workhorse owners manual http://www.deserttruckservice.com/pd...ssis.guide.pdf

Here is the link to the 2008 Ford F53 motorhome chassis owners manual https://manuals.co/workshop/ford/f53-motorhome

You could search for the word "reset" in the manual and you should come up with how to reset the change oil notice.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

If, I remember correctly, you turn the ignition key to the accessory position with the ignition light on, but the engine not running. Push the accelerator pedal to the floor quickly three times and then turn the key to off. That, I think, is how you reset a GM on Workhorse.

That’ll be one Guinea.
SuperMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

You need to turn the key past the accessory position to the ignition on position, but not far enough to engage the starter. You then Press the gas pedal three times very deliberately within 5 seconds or so.
moseleykmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:58 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseleykmc View Post
You need to turn the key past the accessory position to the ignition on position, but not far enough to engage the starter. You then Press the gas pedal three times very deliberately within 5 seconds or so.
Well, that was what I almost said. I got the ignition on, push the peddle bit right. Not bad for someone on the other side of the pond.
SuperMike is offline   Reply With Quote