Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2020, 11:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Carpet around the entry steps

As documented in previous posts, we ripped out the OEM carpet and installed vinyl throughout soon after acquiring our rig. We left the carpet on the vertical surfaces around the entry steps.

Been giving that shaggy dirt catcher the evil eye since. So, a couple of days ago tore it out. Am removing the adhesive now. As hard as when we removed the decals. But almost done.

Aesthetics are what they are, but, we like the look. Bare metal painted gloss black. To our eye, sets off our floor and step flooring, etc., etc.

Finally my question. Has anyone not carpeted your entry step surfaces as part of replacing your carpet with hard surface flooring? Did that cause a significant over the road sound problem? Another way to phrase that is, is there an appreciable sound deadening advantage to having that area carpeted?

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 07:59 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I replaced mine with ship lap vinyl have not noticed any additional noise.
Wood carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 08:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Welcome aboard Wood Carver! My post has grown whiskers, but it is satisfying that it still elicits interest. FYI. Almost immediately after I hit the send on that, SWMBO found an outdoor carpet pattern and color she liked TO GO WITH a new driftwood plank vinyl flooring she thought (thinks) brightens up interior. For the entry steps well, I used an adhesive designed for boat carpeting. Looks fine, lasting a long time. And, 3rd time to change the flooring, for those keeping count. Our "new-to-us" will always be new to us, because if its not rolling, we're likely making changes. Running list and some pics on our registry page.

Always interested in what other "piddlers" have done to their rig. So if you post a pic or two, much appreciated.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 07:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

We have also upgraded and made the Adventurer our own. Made quite a few changes so it no longer looks like brochure on the inside. O e if the things we hated when we looked at it was the entry way but no longer. Now it is inviting when you open the door.

Keep on rolling
Woodcarver
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B8896771-B7EE-48F9-B88D-6A4D4B40573A.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	388.9 KB
ID:	183309  
Wood carver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steps