Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-01-2023, 05:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Carpet a mess in Basement /Journey 40L

So we are getting ready to sell our 2010 Winnebago. The years have been unkind to the basement carpet. Full of stains and just looks terrible. Is there a way to match the OEM carpet? Went to Home Depot and found similar but the color difference is obvious. We are not going to replace all, just a couple compartments.
DangerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 06:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Yes, I think there is a way to get the info on what was OEM but then there may be a bit of questions of whether that is still available?

I also am having some doubt if we speak the same, so beg pardon if I'm confused?
I think of "basement" as being the storage underneath> Is it that or are you thinking of the carpet that is in the bedroom?

If bedroom, this site has the codes for the OEM carpeting but you will need to check what looks correct for you?
But then you may have a sheet of paper in the big bag of info and it should list those options??

Carpet for bedroom:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File..._floorplan.pdf

OR
The overall parts catalog to look if other areas?
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

See if that is any help. Wish you luck and happy travels!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 08:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Carpet repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Yes, I think there is a way to get the info on what was OEM but then there may be a bit of questions of whether that is still available?

I also am having some doubt if we speak the same, so beg pardon if I'm confused?
I think of "basement" as being the storage underneath> Is it that or are you thinking of the carpet that is in the bedroom?

If bedroom, this site has the codes for the OEM carpeting but you will need to check what looks correct for you?
But then you may have a sheet of paper in the big bag of info and it should list those options??

Carpet for bedroom:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File..._floorplan.pdf

OR
The overall parts catalog to look if other areas?
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

See if that is any help. Wish you luck and happy travels!
Your first thought is accurate, the storage compartments, underneath. To do it all would be massive cost and undertaking. To match it with the old a bit easier.
Boy we have a big decision ahead of us. Just found out the roof needs repair. bubbles.........
Old 05-02-2023, 08:19 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Have you thought about interlocking foam tiles? https://www.amazon.com/interlocking-...ing+foam+tiles
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Basement liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Have you thought about interlocking foam tiles? https://www.amazon.com/interlocking-...ing+foam+tiles
Now that's quite interesting. I like this. Will check it out.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

The foam tiles like might be for a garage floor or workouts do have some real advantages when we have used them.
Reasonably cheap, they work for things like sound and temperature changes but lay flat without a lot of adhesive, etc. Easy to cut and trim and also replace if some real problem comes up. Like we had a bottle of transmission fluid dump out!
Instead of big job or trying to clean, we just replaced!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:54 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

These are great ideas, much easier than pulling, sanding, cleaning and replacing original carpet. Love it............. Thanks much
Old 05-03-2023, 10:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Have you considered fabric spray dye? If the color you require only comes in a liquid, buy a universal refillable can from Amazon. You add the liquid you desire, fasten the opening, then pressurize the can with your air compressor.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 10:34 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Have you considered fabric spray dye? If the color you require only comes in a liquid, buy a universal refillable can from Amazon. You add the liquid you desire, fasten the opening, then pressurize the can with your air compressor.
Another doable idea. Thanks
Old 05-07-2023, 04:13 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I went to a local home improvement store and they had rolls of rubber for covering stair treads bought some cut it to fit looks and works great
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey